Excellent opportunity to have a senior role in a well-established and growing private equity firm with immediate portfolio company and new deal responsibilities.
• The Senior Associate will support the overall investment process with a variety of responsibilities, including:
- Review of new investment opportunities
- Development of detailed financial analyses, models and presentations
- Preparation of investment committee memorandums
- Assisting with transaction structuring
- Arranging financing for new deals
- Managing due diligence
- Leading the firm’s relationship with selected investment bankers and brokers
- Attending industry events to generate new deal opportunities
- Assisting in the management of portfolio investments
• You will contribute from day one, working alongside senior investment professionals as well as portfolio company management teams, to drive value creation for our investors.
• Must be a self-starter, team orientated, have a strong desire to learn and take on increasing levels of responsibility, and possess the ability to thrive within a small team in a high velocity environment.
• Direct connections to Northeast Ohio required
• Bachelor’s degree with a finance, accounting, business or economics major from a top college
• 5+ years of experience in investment banking, public accounting, private equity, corporate lending, corporate development, controller or FP&A role, transaction advisory, valuation or similar role
• Strong work ethic – expectation of an average work week of 50 hours
• Self-starter with the ability to work independently
• Solid analytical and quantitative capabilities with the ability to synthesize and articulate the results of the analysis • Competency in financial statement analysis, accounting and finance
• Strong business writing skills, communication and interpersonal skills
• Highly organized and diligent with follow-up
• Sense of urgency to meet deadlines while still completing high-quality work
• Intellectual curiosity to learn about new industries, evaluate growth opportunities, and assess risk in a thoughtful manner
• High level of maturity and comfort working with a small group of investment professionals