My client is a small Engineering firm with a history of success and innovation since 2005. They are recognized experts in their field and have a significant and consistent backlog of projects. They are driven by the sole purpose of developing leading edge technologies with the goal to invent new products or processes and turning them into viable commercial products. They accomplish this by conducting cutting-edge high quality research, securing patents on their ideas and cultivating commercialization partners in the industry.
The services our client offers are:
- Kinetic Mechanism Development and Reduction
- Catalyst Development and Characterization
- Thermally Stable and Wall-Mounted Catalysts
- Kinetic Analysis of Catalytic and Gas Phase Reactions
- Heat Transfer and Fluid Mechanics
- Automated Catalyst Testing Systems
- Thermal Management for Hypersonic Aircraft
- Mechanical Design
- Chemical Reactor Design
They have a new opening for a highly motivated Principal Scientist – Engineer who has a strong interest in developing advanced propulsion technologies and applying them to real-world problems. The successful candidate will manage current research projects and is expected to generate new research ideas and secure additional funding.
The ideal candidate will have:
- PhD. in chemistry or chemical engineering.
- Five to ten years of experience in the development, characterization, and testing of heterogeneous catalysts for specific applications.
- Hands on experience in the selection and implementation of analytical methods to characterize catalyst performance.
- Ability to write clear, concise, progress and comprehensive final reports.
- Willingness to communicate frequently with contract monitors and respond rapidly to their requests.
- Proven track record writing successful research proposals.
- Creative thinking, good problem-solving skills, firm command of engineering fundamentals, and a commitment to meeting aggressive schedules.
- Ability to work well with other engineers and scientists in an entrepreneurial environment.
- Working with other engineers to Identify appropriate long-term project objectives and managing daily activities to meet objectives.
- Continually track costs of labor and equipment to stay within the project budget.
- Communicating on a regular basis with contract monitors.
- Writing clear monthly progress reports detailing important accomplishments and work to be carried out in the future.
- Identifying creative solutions to problems that arise.
Compensation and Benefits:
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience.
- Comprehensive benefit package that includes paid vacation, health/dental insurance, short-term/long-term disability protection and life insurance coverage.
- Simple IRA matching plan.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. U.S. citizenship or naturalized citizen required.