Manages and oversees the daily operations of a power plant. Monitors operations for efficiency and safety ensuring that all applicable regulatory requirements are followed. Oversees technical staff and hires and trains personnel. May be required to meet certain certifications in field. Familiar with a variety of the field’s concepts, practices, and procedures. Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Performs a variety of complicated tasks. Leads and directs the work of others. Knowledge of solid fuel handling, boiler operation, turbine operations and emissions control equipment is required.
– Manage and communicate daily operation activities such as planning, coordinating and controlling plant operations in accordance with written requirements, procedures and schedules
– Coordination of the development of plant procedures and shift instructions, including safety procedures, statutory regulations, outage schedules and routine test and inspection schedules
– Manage the work of the shift personnel and supervise the strict compliance with company safety rules
– Administer the training of the power plant operations personnel
– Manage the processing, approving, closing and status reporting of fault notifications, work orders and isolations and the monitoring of the ‘Permit to Work’ system
– Coordination of planning for Minor and Major Inspections
– Determine work plans and resources necessary to achieve plant production targets; prepare Maintenance budget estimates and participate in plant budget preparation process; control maintenance expenses to achieve approved budgets
– Promotes an attitude of safety awareness and sets a high standard for safety through adherence to all company safety policies and compliance with all site-specific safety requirements and procedures
– Takes a proactive role as a member of management to identify safety hazards and takes corrective actions as necessary to address.
– Assists with conducting safety meetings and training programs and participates in plant safety programs
– Perform other duties as assigned
SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITY
The Operations Manager will lead and manage the operations employees with the supervision, shift schedules and any other duty involving plant personnel.
The Operation Manager reports directly to the Plant Manager and will effectively communicate with all levels of management.
Bachelor’s Degree, diploma, or certificate in power plant engineering or equivalent or at least five years’ experience in management of a solid fuel power plant operation or with experience in power plant commissioning.