Large controls systems integration firm with multiple locations, 50 years in business, and growing! They need PLC Applications Engineers, under moderate supervision, to write PLC programs, OIT programs, and software control descriptions for controlling water and/or wastewater processes. Responsible for working off engineering drawings and specifications, providing input (as needed) regarding the project design, and programming using various software and hardware platforms. Also responsible for bench testing and panel testing to verify that all aspects of PLC & OIT functionality meet required project specifications. Assist with the troubleshooting and programming of programs once installed onsite.
Locations available for this role: Sacramento or Temecula, CA
Why work here?:
- Stable company with over 50 years in business and growing steadily!
- CSIA-Certified System Integrator!
- Excellent reputation in the industry with the capacity to do very large projects!
- Competitive salary paid accrued vacation, full benefits, 401K with company-funded matching!
- Employee health insurance premiums paid by company
- Environmentally conscious company that looks for ways to reduce its carbon footprint
- Involved in the community with fundraisers and charities
- Fun company events and chess, ping-pong, and basketball teams!
- Only 20% travel or less!!!
- Write PLC operating program based on control specifications and/or standards to assure safe, reliable, and optimal equipment operation
- Write (publish) concise operating instructions detailing; control parameters and their effects under normal and failure conditions
- Provide technical assistance (phone or job-site) to verify and/or modify PLC program
- Perform customer training and assist sales force with product presentations
- Work with various departments internally, along with consulting engineers, customers, and end-users to assure proper system layouts and designs
- Analyze and interpret existing programs and documentation for project modifications
- Ensure assignments and work schedules follow policy and procedures
- Assist in the standardization of department programming practices and procedures
- Recommend changes to improve the efficiency of planning, documentation, and execution of development activity
- Assist with technical leadership of projects and support larger-scale projects
- Communicate effectively to a wide range of internal and external contacts
- Assist in training other employees on any aspect above
- Provide weekly content and job status reports used with scheduling tools
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- High level of organizational and time management skills
Education and Knowledge:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/Engineering/Technology, Engineering, or related field
- Applied knowledge in programming major manufacturers (Allen-Bradley, Schneider Electric, Siemens, etc.) PLCs & OITs
- Strong understanding of computer operations, Microsoft Office
- Working knowledge of instruments and electro-mechanical devices used for process control
- At least 2-5 years of related experience