Plant Production Manager –Jackson, TN
The Plant Production Manager will manage direct reports, coordinate manufacturing activities utilizing
knowledge of product functions, production methods, procedures and machine and equipment capabilities.
A Plant Production Manager will lead their team in setting the objectives and ensure that these objectives
are met. These objectives include, but are not limited to, production volumes, quality, safety, inventory,
customer satisfaction, as well as meeting fiscal budgets.
How you will impact:
• Maintain safe and clean work environment by educating and directing personnel on the use of all
control points, equipment, and resources; ensure compliance with established policies
• Ensure compliance with OSHA and company regulations and guidelines to uphold quality
expectations of customer and company.
• Drive continuous improvement initiatives and monitor all control procedures, recommending
improvements to the General Manager as appropriate.
• Revise production schedules and priorities as needed because of equipment failure, operating
problems, or last-minute customer demands.
• Review and analyze production reports (OEE, downtime, waste, etc.) to determine causes of
nonconformity with product specifications, and/or operating or production problems.
• Collaborate with the General Manager in the development and implementation of operating
methods and procedures designed to eliminate operating problems and improve product quality
• Develop strong relationships with key members of the organization to better understand the overall
business and upstream and downstream connections to prevent possible delays in production and
shipment and impact on customer satisfaction
• Ensure all standards and customer commitments (i.e., safety, waste reductions, R&A,
output, and on-time delivery) are followed within the plant
• Partner with Plant Safety Manager to effectively communicate and enforce the safety program
• Manage workforce planning to ensure proper staffing levels to maintain productivity activities (i.e.,
order readiness, customer specifications, speed trails, etc.)
• Maintain working relationship with the union by following the terms of the Collective Bargaining
• Identify training and development opportunities for facility’s Production Supervisors and monitor
progress against performance goals
• Collaboration: Works effectively with others to complete a task or achieve a common objective;
ability to cooperate in both interpersonal and team relationships to foster enthusiasm and maintain
mutual trust, candor, and respect for others. Works through conflict constructively
• Adaptability: Demonstrates agility, flexibility, and a willingness to modify one’s approach to achieve
desired results; responds quickly to changing demands, processes, and updated information
• Accountability: Holds self and others responsible for actions and results
• Communication: Creates and delivers engaging presentations to internal and external audiences;
develops new communication strategies and approaches to communicate data, insights, and critical
messages resulting in clear understanding
• Decision-Making: Uses strong problem-solving skills and supporting information to arrive at optimal
decisions in an appropriate timeframe; knows when to decide and/or when to seek additional input,
and drive for consensus
• Problem-Solving: Applies knowledge to frame, simplify and solve complex issues; focuses on
identifying root causes to create solutions in a timely and decisive manner; reconciles conflicting
and/or incomplete information to develop solutions.
What you need to succeed
• High School diploma or G.E.D – Required
• Associate degree or higher in Business, Applied Science i.e. Technical – Preferred
• Converting and/or corrugated experience – Required
• 5+ years of supervisory experience in the manufacturing industry.
• Knowledge of machinery and how to identify issues and troubleshoot equipment
• Inspire others to develop themselves and seek out continuous learning opportunities by serving as
a role model and seeking out personal developmental opportunities.
• Leverage manufacturing knowledge to achieve business objectives, such as to solve problems,
develop new ideas, or build the business.
• Demonstrate a general ability to use multiple methods for measuring employee performance.
• Proven experience with lean and continuous improvement.
• Ability to communicate effectively to all employees and to customers, both verbally and in writing.
• Ability to deal effectively with others in challenging situations, using appropriate interpersonal styles
and methods to resolve internal and external conflict.
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office – Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint.
• Ability to learn proprietary software programs for the Corrugated Manufacturing systems
What we offer
• Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability, and excellence.
• Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities.
• An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies, and potential.
• Benefits package to include medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401k with match and more!
• A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business
drivers and foundational elements of the daily work.