Our client is a leader in the food processing and distribution industry with business in egg products, refrigerated grocery and potato products. They offer exciting job possibilities throughout their organization where you can enhance your career, sharpen your talents and make an impact.
This is a large facility with approximately 400 employees. The most recent Plant Manager was promoted to a Director. Two additional managers from the facility were promoted to Plant Managers within the company. This highly visiable location could be the best place to move your career forward quickly.
Lenox, Iowa is often called the “Pearl of the Prairie” is where you can find small town living, focused on family and friends, with big city amenities not far from reach in Des Moines, Omaha, and Kansas City.
Located in southwest Iowa, Taylor county, with a population of around 1400, the Lenox area reaches far beyond the city limits with beautiful and productive fields of corn, beans, and other croplands.
Lenox holds an amazing four day Rodeo every July and is home to a beautiful 36-9 hole golf course, several fishing and boating lakes, great area hunting, a beautiful city park with swimming pool, and many picnic parks. This is a strong family focused community.
The location in Lenox produces primarily pre-cooked egg patties. With its friendly atmosphere, safe environment, and progressive spirit, Lenox is a great place to live, work, play, and raise a family.
Site operations lead for the Lenox, IA* facility. The Plant Manager oversees all daily operations of the plant from production and manufacturing while ensuring policies and procedures are followed. This position develops processes that maximize ownership, stewardship, safety, quality and productivity. This position has the responsibility to comply with Safety work rules at all times as well as an obligation to reinforce Safety as a Core Value. Ensures that all policies, procedures and activities, related to Food Safety & Quality, are followed and complied with uniformly, in an effort to reduce product and process variability.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assumes personal responsibility for a safe and healthy workplace for all employees by actively participating in the leadership of plant safety programs and ensures adherence to all safety policies and procedures that promotes a world-class safety culture. Adhere to safe work practices and all safety policies and procedures.
- Adhere to Quality work practices, follow GMP’s, maintain sanitary conditions and ensure that product quality is maintained. Report to management any conditions or practices that may adversely affect food safety and quality.
- Responsible for Food Safety and Food Quality of MFI products; identify and address conditions or practices that may adversely affect food safety, food quality or personnel safety.
- Provide overall leadership, direction and coordination for plant operations.
- Ensure all plant personnel are operating in compliance with plant and corporate procedures as well as compliance with customer and regulatory regulations.
- Provide coaching and development of plant staff to ensure effective leadership, collaboration and balance in achieving KPIs focused on safety, quality, customer service and productivity.
- Plan and supervise the design and progress of capital projects.
- Develops and implements financial and non-financial objectives including annual budget that serves as the plants operating plan.
- Identify and implement strategies to improve performance, meeting and exceeding plant Key Performance Indicators (KPIs).
- Monitor and set standards for operations and help identify and correct bottlenecks.
- Increase production asset capacity and flexibility while minimizing unnecessary costs.
- Ten or more years’ related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Bachelor’s degree (B.S.) from four-year college or university, preferably a B.S. in Food Science, Engineering, or Management.
- A demonstrated knowledge of organizational effectiveness and operations management and a track record of achieving results against a comprehensive set of KPIs.
- Excellent problem solving, and reasoning skills required.
- Ability to analyze downtime and financial variance trends, identifying actions to deliver expected performance.
- Working knowledge of budgets, forecasting and metrics.
- Ability to effectively present information to all levels of the company; plant floor to executive leadership.
- Excellent time management, and strong attention to detail, verbal and written communication skills, listening, decision-making, and organization skills required.
- Excellent computer skills required, including Microsoft Word and Excel skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills needed, including coaching, team building and training skills.
- Master’s Degree in Engineering or Management Preferred.
- Food manufacturing experience required. USDA experience beneficial.
This company offers and excellent relocation package including reimbursement of moving expenses, closing costs and moving your homes goods.