JOB SUMMARY and KEY OBJECTIVES:
We are looking for a Plant Manager to drive continuous improvement and optimization of all processes. You will oversee all daily operations of production, manufacturing, receiving and shipping while ensuring consistent adherence and implementation of all policies and procedures. The successful candidate must demonstrate they have the key skills to develop and implement processes that will maximize stewardship, safety, food safety/regulatory, quality and productivity.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Plan, organize, direct and run optimum day-to-day operations to exceed our customers’ expectations.
- Increase production, assets capacity and flexibility while minimizing unnecessary costs and maintaining current quality standards.
- Drive a culture of high performance and accountability in safety, quality/food safety, customer service and cost.
- Facilitate associate engagement to for effective utilization of assets to produce optimal results.
- Implement strategies in alignment with strategic company goals and initiatives providing a clear sense of direction and focus.
- Demonstrate a floor presence across all shifts to verify consistent daily run-right processes and implementation of corrective actions.
- Build a trusting relationship with all team members through leadership coaching and development.
- Real time data analysis to improve performance and eliminate waste.
- Own and lead plant safety culture, results and employee safe working practices.
- Develop systems and processes that optimize productivity standards, metrics and performance targets to ensure effective return on assets and human capital.
- Always be ahead of employee’s issues by proactively addressing all issues.
- Influence and learn from below.
- Be competitive and current by implementing latest production management best practices and concepts.
- Develop and control profits, plans, and budget.
- Implement cost effective systems of control over capital, operating expenditures, human capital, wages and salaries.
- Manages capital asset maintenance.
- Provide leadership and training to accomplish the company’s positive culture journey.
FOOD SAFETY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
- Understanding of Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP)
- Basic understanding of the HACCP program
- Good understanding of the written allergen program
- Good understanding of the glass and hard plastics policy
- Good understanding of the AIB audit process and SQF audit process
- Ability to identify food safety violations in the production facility.
- Must follow all food safety/security regulations and related SOPs
- Must report all events that require action to personnel with authority to correct/resolve deviations.
- When this position has an absence, it will be covered by an equally trained manager from Ops, QA, or SQF.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- Proven working experience as a plant manager.
- Proven managerial experience.
- Adequate knowledge of business and management principles (budgeting, strategic planning, resource allocation, human resources)
- Familiarity with industry standard equipment, technical expertise and proven best practices.
- Be knowledgeable of safety, quality, productivity, demand creation, inventory and stewardship processes (SQF, HACCP, AIB, USDA, OSHA).
- Computer/Windows literacy.
- Ability to create accountability and to lead by example
- Strong team building, decision-making and people management skills.
- BS degree in Business Management or related field and 6-10 years experience.