Primary responsibility of this position is to provide leadership in the day-to-day supervision of the staff to achieve required production and quality standards in a safe manner while maintaining positive working relationships with the production group. Specifically, this role:
- Establishes, measures, and is accountable for operating and capital budgets for the 1st processing operation.
- Meets all facility operational plans, to ensure yield, pounds per man hour, line efficiency, CSI, QI, requirements are met.
- Ensures processes are in place to continuously reduce turnover, improve safety results as measured by the Safety Scorecard, and create the environment that will make the facility the Employer of Choice in the area.
- Ensures processes are in place to continually provide training to improve supervisory skills of staff, and improve the skill set of the hourly production associates to maximize the results of individual and team efforts.
- Constantly develops new ideas and methods to improve operational performance and improve product quality and customer reliability.
- Supports and promotes the company’s annual goals through effective planning, communication, emphasizing the requirement for all team members being efficient and effective in their respective responsibilities.
Requirements: Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration/Management, Agriculture or related discipline plus at least 6 years related work experience. Specifically:
- Must have at least 4 years of poultry processing experience
- Must have 1st processing experience
- Must have already achieved the level of Superintendent or above
- Previous experience leading a team of Supervisors and hourly employees
- Must be able to organize multiple protocols/projects and complete on schedule. Able to develop protocols and processes and deploy.
- Able to analyze and resolve problems at both a strategic and functional level.
- Requires prior supervisory experience.
- Must be able to communicate to all levels of the organization; possess excellent interpersonal and communications skills.
- Experience with various industry accepted procedures, including HACCP, SPC, etc., and plant efficiency as it related to yield, lbs./birds, pmh, line speeds and automatic process equipment.