Job Title: Industrial Maintenance Tech II
Multi-craft electrical and mechanical.
Shift: 6:30PM – 6:30AM 2-2-3 schedule (2 on 2 off, 3 on 2 off, 2 on 3 off)
Pay Range: $25.50/hr – $31.88/hr + $1.50 shift differential
Performs the preventive and reactive maintenance duties required for the manufacturing operations of the plant. Priorities of the Maintenance Technician include the execution of PM schedules, repair of any equipment that is needed to maintain maximum production rates and maintenance of an adequate spare parts inventory. This position requires the flexibility to work 40+ hours per week, weekends as required and fulfill on-call duties for repairs and assistance.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
The responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
• Troubleshoot and perform repairs on machines and their controls (plastics, DC /AC motor & drives, downstream equipment, chillers & etc.…).
• Maintain and build job skills through company training programs.
• Contact, specify, and order replacement parts & control components from supplier as needed.
• Effectively contribute to CMMS performance through timely PM & Repair Work Order completion while ensuring compliance.
• 1st responder to troubleshooting machine problems, contact Electrical Engineering if additional support is needed.
• Support Daily Management directives and initiatives.
• Help develop and implement Continuous Improvement projects to improve production efficiencies and Safety.
• Work with Production Staff to ensure the safe and reliable operation of plant equipment.
This position should possess the following skills/knowledge:
• Experience using Electrical Test equipment: Voltmeter, Ammeter, ohm meter, Megger & etc.…
• Understanding basic machine function and Sequence of Operations of production machinery.
• Experienced in reading Electrical, pneumatics and mechanical drawings.
• Knowledge of NEC, UL508A and NFPA 79 codes.
• Lock Out Tag Out Safety procedures.
• Arc Flash and PPE Requirements
• Strong industrial mechanical, electrical, plumbing and pneumatic skills including troubleshooting
• Strong leadership ability with time management and task prioritization skills
• Strong in electrical formulas and mechanical math.
• Knowledge of 3 Phase Industrial wiring and power distribution
• AC & DC Drive / Motor PMs, wiring, programming & troubleshooting.
• Troubleshoot PLC I/O and networking.
• Motion Training with Servo Drives and Motors.
• Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work with and communicate to other plant personnel as well as company resources and vendors
• Proficient in Microsoft Office, Excel, and Word
• Experience in Root Cause Analysis & Problem Solving
High School / Vocational School Diploma or Equivalent – Required
Technician level – Electrical, hydraulics, pneumatic
• 2- 5 years Industrial Maintenance, Electrical Systems and Controls
• Basic PLC and Drive training
• Plastic process knowledge.