Great opportunity to join the chemical plant management team as the Environmental Leader. Requires a progressive management background in Environmental Compliance, with expertise in air, water and wastewater treatment. Client offers excellent benefits, salary, bonus, and relocation options.
- Lead, manage, and supervise the site environmental team (air, water, and wastewater specialists).
- Ensure employee participation and engagement in areas of responsibility.
- Provide routine daily field presence and interaction with front-line employees.
- Ensure compliance with federal, state and local environmental regulations.
- Develop and improve plant Environmental work practices and procedures.
- Partner with other site teams and operations leaders to ensure the environmental program goals and obectives are being met.
- Implement site environmental computerized management systems to assure compliance.
- Lead investigation teams for significant incidents. Determine root cause and corrective actions. Manage the roll out of corrective actions. Develop and maintain investigative skills of others on the plant management team.
- Lead/ coordinate audits, inspections, training, and verification of compliance to company and regulatory standards, and site permits. Develop and improve environmental self-assessment programs.
- Serve as company representative for the environmental department for outside agency inspections or audits and for internal legal counsel.
- Coordinate and maintain relations with partners in the site’s wastewater effluent pipeline.
- BS Degree in Environmental Science, Engineering, or related field with 10+ years experience as Environmental Engineer/ Manager in PSM/ chemical industry plants.
- Requires extensive experience in regulatory compliance involving air emissions, hazardous waste disposal, wastewater effluent and permitting/ reporting.
- Familiarity with Continuous Emissions Monitoring Systems (CEMS).
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and communication skills.
- Highly organized, with focus on process and time management discipline.
- Must be able to work now and in the future without sponsorship.