This might be a great opportunity because…
- We expect excellent salary offers at this flagship plant , along with opportunities for career advancement within the company to wither senior engineering expert or management, There is also a comprehensive relocation package. The position is open due to promotion.
- Based near Sioux City, IA with a population of about 86,000, there is a vibrant tight-knit community with excellent schools. They are also within a couple hours of cities like Omaha, NE and Sioux Falls, SD for additional spouse employment opportunities.
- The company is dedicated to sustainability, decarbonization, and safety.
What you’ll be doing:
As Plant Engineer, you’ll provide engineering support to maintain continuous plant operations and efficiency. You’ll be a key technical resource, solving problems related to stationary equipment, covering daily plant needs, programs, and projects. Your goal is to implement solutions that improve reliability, reduce maintenance costs, and support plant safety and mechanical integrity through the development of procedures and maintenance plans.
- Serve as the lead technical resource for piping systems and stationary equipment ensuring site practices and documentation comply with PSM Mechanical Integrity standards.
- Collaborate with the maintenance team, the Mechanical Integrity Engineer, inspectors, and contractors to ensure proper repairs and documentation.
- Develop predictive preventative malignance procedures and updates maintenance and mechanical integrity procedures on site.
- Leads troubleshooting efforts related to equipment issues onsite and documents findings and conducts failure analyses & reports on findings to avoid recurrence.
- Provide input for onsite equipment condition monitoring (vibration analysis, oil sampling and analysis, thermography, and ultrasonic inspection, analyze the data, and provide recommendations based on findings
- Complete small capital projects to upgrade or replace mechanical equipment.
- Review new equipment prior to purchase and recommend proper selections including spare parts lists and acts as the mechanical acceptance specialist regarding proper installation.
- Acts as the mechanical acceptance specialist on newly installed equipment to assure proper installation.
- Assists with turnaround planning and start-ups.
What you’ll bring to this job:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering from an ABET accredited school required, preferably Mechanical Engineering
- A minimum 3 years of maintenance/reliability engineering including fixed equipment (piping, vales, tanks)
- They have the budget to cover talent in advances career brackets.
- Experience working for an operating company within the chemical industry, oil & gas, or related.
- Solid working knowledge of fixed equipment, piping systems design and maintenance, pressure vessel specifications and maintenance, inspection techniques, and manpower coordination
- Knowledge of industrial codes & standards (API, ASME, ANSI, OSHA, State)
- Must be authorized to work for any employer without sponsorship now or in the future.
Our client is an Equal Opportunity Employer with fantastic benefits as described below.
- 401k plan with automatic employer contribution of 4% for the first 5 years, increasing based on years of service and dollar-for-dollar match up to 6%
- Comprehensive medical benefits from Blue Cross Blue Sheild and Dental and Vision benefits from Cigna
- 12 Paid Holidays, 80 hours of Paid Vacation (Paid Vacation increases based on years worked for the company)
- 40 hours of Paid Sick Time
- Short and Long-Term Disability Insurance, Basic Life and AD&D Insurance and Business Travel Accident Insurance
- Health Savings Account and Flexible Spending Accounts, with automatic contribution of $250 for employee only and $500 with dependent and dollar-for dollar matching contribution up to $500 for employee only coverage and $1,000 if you are covering at least one dependent to the HSA
- Additional Employee Assistant Program, Health and Wellness Programs, and Goldman Saychs Aycho financial coaching available at no additional cost to employees.
- Education Assistance Program: includes reimbursement of up to $10,000 of eligible tuition expenses each calendar year for covered education programs with management approval