The Plant Controller will be the co-pilot of the Plant Manager of our Norwood, MA manufacturing site, assisting them in driving the business forward.
This role requires intensity, agility and aptitude to successfully manage multiple simultaneous priorities and projects to financially support a matrix of diverse customers. Focusing on continuous improvement and elimination of non-valued activities is key, as well as strong sense of customer service.
- Partner with plant management to increase plant efficiency and profitability – identify issues and proactively initiate analyses / solutions quickly and accurately, keeping in mind the requirements from GAAP. Meet the needs of a complex, diverse, dynamic and fast paced organization that will pose a wide variety of challenges from a manufacturing level.
- Manage the timely completion of the month-end financial close for the roofing and granule plant, demonstrating awareness of all elements of a plant’s financial statements.
- Prepare analysis to understand the financial ramifications of current and proposed business actions
- Ensure compliance with Corporate policies and procedures
- Prepare and coordinate the annual budget at the plant level, oversee and reconcile inventory cycle counts and annual physical inventory and assist in preparation of capital appropriations requests
- Project work based on company objectives & supporting / challenging Six Sigma activities with special focus on the financial analysis, and cost reduction projects
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or Finance, CPA, CMA, or MBA preferable or equivalent, complementary work experience
- Minimum 5-7 years of progressive cost accounting and analysis experience with a major manufacturing organization. A strong emphasis should be put on knowledge of management accounting, cost and inventory accounting, and GAAP
- Strong analytical skills are required to quickly grasp issues impacting the plant’s financial result
- Strong communication & presentation skills – capable of leading a process team and able to define clear vision, goals, and service standards, as well as working independently.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to build relationships across plant and functional organizations
- Want to challenge to the status quo – always striving for continuous improvement
- Strong IT aptitude to deliver effective desktop reporting (paperless web-enabled environment), utilize business warehouse tools, MS Excel, PowerPoint, Power BI, SAP knowledge would be preferable