An awesome opportunity at an established physician practices serving White plains. The Ortho practice provides the highest-quality, evidence-based care in a setting that respects the time and dignity of the people they serve.
This is a staff friendly environment and offers a perfect work-life balance, comfortable patient ratio.
Hours – M-F 8am-5pm; some evening call for OR
An exempt position working in collaboration with the Orthopedic surgeon(s) to deliver high quality and efficient care. The position has both outpatient and operating room responsibilities.
- Assists in the operating room
- Facilitate the care of patients in the outpatient setting by assisting the Physician and/or autonomously assessing and treating patients within their Scope of Practice.
- Conducts physical exams, assesses health status, orders and interprets tests, prescribes medications, and treat illnesses including giving injections, reducing fractures, casting, splinting and wound care.
- Consults with physicians as needed and refers to physicians for more complicated medical cases or cases that are not a routine part of a PA’s scope of work.
- Monitors therapies and provides continuity of care.
- Triages patient calls and evaluates patient problems.
- Return patient phone calls back in a timely manner.
- Documents patient information and care in medical record, in confidential manner, and may maintain departmental statistical database for research purposes.
- Demonstrates knowledge of medical model and roles of physicians and physician assistants.
- Familiar with anatomy, pharmacology, pathophysiology, clinical medicine and physical diagnosis of conditions that they treat.
- Demonstrates skill in gathering and analyzing physiological, socioeconomic, and emotional patient data.
- Demonstrates skill in accurately evaluating patient problems in person or via phone and providing appropriate advice, intervention, or referral.
- Demonstrates ability to make responsible decisions within scope of PA practice.
- Demonstrates ability to collaborate effectively with physicians on complicated cases.
- Demonstrates ability to educate patients, families and staff in user-friendly manner.
- Demonstrates ability to demonstrate eye-hand coordination, full range of motion, and manual dexterity.
- Performs all other related duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s Degree required.
Graduate of accredited physician assistant program required.
- Current New York State licensed Physician Assistant.
- Current National Certification
- Current ACLS Certification required.
- MUST BE FULLY VAXED
Competitive salary benefits available.