Location: Rome, NY (between Oneida and Utica)
The Physical Therapist examines Residents upon admission, and then develops/administers therapy plans to manage their conditions, prevent further disabilities, and achieve long-term health benefits.
The primary focus is to promote movements, reduce pain, and prevent disability through exercise therapy, manual therapy and other techniques.
- Evaluate a Resident’s condition and develop an appropriate physical rehabilitation plan.
- Help Residents to improve their mobility.
- Relieve Resident’s pain using exercises, hands-on therapy, stretching, and physical therapy devices.
- Teach Residents how to use physical therapy equipment.
- Help Residents through their tasks and monitor their performance.
- Tell Residents what they should anticipate in different stages of their recovery and how they will handle each situation.
- Maintain Resident confidence and protect facility operations by keeping information confidential.
- Supervise the activities of physical therapy assistants when required.
- Maintains a safe and clean working environment.
- Protects Residents and employees by adhering to infection-control policies and protocols.
- Comply with federal, state, and local legal and professional requirements.
- Contribute to inter-disciplinary team efforts in resident care
- Graduate of an accredited Physical Therapy Program
- Current New York State PT License
- Experience in skilled nursing/long term care, a plus
About the area: Rome is a city in Oneida County, NY located in the central part of the state. An area with parks and playgrounds, and convenient shopping. Available housing includes everything from wonderful old 19th century Victorians, to condominiums, to the house of your choice in a variety of new developments. Oneida and neighboring communities offer excellent school systems with records of academic excellence and student success. A progressive library, and many other easily accessible services nearby. It is equidistant between Syracuse to its west and Utica to its east, with beautiful Oneida Lake just 5 miles north. Finger Lakes wine country and the majestic Adirondack mountains are easy day trips, with Toronto, Montreal, Boston, Philadelphia and New York City all within a 5-hour drive. Syracuse University sports are a major source of regional pride and excitement and two world class shopping and entertainment destination – Turning Stone Casino and Destiny USA – are just minutes away.