Location: Ilion, NY (13 miles East of Utica NY, in the Mohawk region)
The Physical Therapist examines Residents upon admission, and then develops/administers therapy plans to manage their conditions, prevent further disabilities, and achieve long-term health benefits.
The primary focus is to promote movements, reduce pain, and prevent disability through exercise therapy, manual therapy and other techniques.
- Evaluate a Resident’s condition and develop an appropriate physical rehabilitation plan.
- Help Residents to improve their mobility.
- Relieve Resident’s pain using exercises, hands-on therapy, stretching, and physical therapy devices.
- Teach Residents how to use physical therapy equipment.
- Help Residents through their tasks and monitor their performance.
- Tell Residents what they should anticipate in different stages of their recovery and how they will handle each situation.
- Maintain Resident confidence and protect facility operations by keeping information confidential.
- Supervise the activities of physical therapy assistants when required.
- Maintains a safe and clean working environment.
- Protects Residents and employees by adhering to infection-control policies and protocols.
- Comply with federal, state, and local legal and professional requirements.
- Contribute to inter-disciplinary team efforts in resident care
- Graduate of an accredited Physical Therapy Program
- Current New York State PT License
- Experience in skilled nursing/long term care, a plus
About the area: Ilion NY is in the Mohawk region and is about 30 minutes outside Utica NY. Utica is a city in the Mohawk Valley and the county seat of Oneida County, New York. A unique city with sprawling parks and playgrounds, and convenient shopping. Available housing includes everything from wonderful old 19th century Victorians, to condominiums, to the house of your choice in a variety of new developments. Oneida and neighboring communities offer excellent school systems with records of academic excellence and student success. The city also boasts a progressive library, and many other easily accessible services. Oneida is equidistant between Syracuse to its west and Utica to its east, with beautiful Oneida Lake just 5 miles north. Finger Lakes wine country and the majestic Adirondack mountains are easy day trips, with Toronto, Montreal, Boston, Philadelphia and New York City all within a 5-hour drive. Syracuse University sports are a major source of regional pride and excitement and two world class shopping and entertainment destination – Turning Stone Casino and Destiny USA – are just minutes away.