Location: Hornell, NY (Finger Lakes region)
The Physical Therapist examines Residents upon admission, and then develops/administers therapy plans to manage their conditions, prevent further disabilities, and achieve long-term health benefits.
The primary focus is to promote movements, reduce pain, and prevent disability through exercise therapy, manual therapy and other techniques.
- Evaluate a Resident’s condition and develop an appropriate physical rehabilitation plan.
- Help Residents to improve their mobility.
- Relieve Resident’s pain using exercises, hands-on therapy, stretching, and physical therapy devices.
- Teach Residents how to use physical therapy equipment.
- Help Residents through their tasks and monitor their performance.
- Tell Residents what they should anticipate in different stages of their recovery and how they will handle each situation.
- Maintain Resident confidence and protect facility operations by keeping information confidential.
- Supervise the activities of physical therapy assistants when required.
- Maintains a safe and clean working environment.
- Protects Residents and employees by adhering to infection-control policies and protocols.
- Comply with federal, state, and local legal and professional requirements.
- Contribute to inter-disciplinary team efforts in resident care
- Graduate of an accredited Physical Therapy Program
- Current New York State PT License
- Experience in skilled nursing/long term care, a plus.
- About the area: Hornell is a city located in Steuben County (Finger Lakes region of NYS). It is a small-town environment with city conveniences. The nearby beautiful Finger Lakes provides many recreational and nature activities. Two state parks and four county parks just a short distance away. There is always something to do- boating, fishing, kayaking, hiking, skiing, wine tours, shopping, and restaurants.
Alfred University is close by and offers vocational and occupational education programs at the Wildwood campus.
It is 45 minutes to Corning, 30 minutes to Watkins Glen, and 1 hour to Rochester.