Physical Therapist Home Health Suffolk County
- Provides quality therapy services as defined the applicable Standards of Practice
- Evaluation of the patient and development of the individual plan of treatment, including both short and long-term goals
- Observes and reports to the responsible physician the patient’s progress, reactions to treatments, and any changes in the patient’s condition; modifies the plan of treatment as needed
- Instructs the patient, caregiver, and other health team members in methods to improve and correct disabilities
- Communicates regularly with physicians and other health care team members
- Plans for patient discharge through realistic and attainable long-term goals which may be modified as condition change
- Prepares the patient and the patient’s caregiver for care after discharge
- Reports to the Clinical Director any significant patient, family, or physician issues
Requirements & Qualifications
- Must hold current state licensure, CPR certification, driver’s license, and automobile liability insurance.
- Thorough knowledge of professional theory, practice, techniques, principles, and equipment.
- Effective oral and written communication skills. Ability to document patient care effectively.
- Ability to establish and maintain a working relationship with patients, other health care professionals, physicians, and the public.
- A minimum of one (1) year of experience required.