- Measuring & recording Residents’ motor function, strength & muscle performance.
- Assists physical therapists in developing treatment plans.
- Observe Residents and write progress reports.
- Evaluate the capability of Residents to function independently.
- Assist Residents in carrying out specific exercises.
- Treat Residents with varieties of techniques, like stretching and massage.
- Help Residents use necessary equipment and devices.
- Educate Residents how to exercise properly to strengthen muscle & improve mobility.
- Maintain Resident confidence by monitoring confidential information processing.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment.
- Complies with federal, state, and local legal and professional requirements.
- Contributes to team effort.
- Graduate of an accredited PTA Program.
- Current New York State PTA License.
- Experience is a plus.
About the area: Oneonta is a city in southern Otsego County, New York State. It is one of the northernmost cities of the Appalachian Region. Its nickname is “City of the Hills. Oneonta offers plentiful green spaces, trail-ways and parks, a red-brick downtown area full of historic buildings, a plethora of restaurants and eclectic country stores, and a variety of entertainment venues.