- Measuring & recording Residents’ motor function, strength & muscle performance.
- Assists physical therapists in developing treatment plans.
- Observe Residents and write progress reports.
- Evaluate the capability of Residents to function independently.
- Assist Residents in carrying out specific exercises.
- Treat Residents with varieties of techniques, like stretching and massage.
- Help Residents use necessary equipment and devices.
- Educate Residents how to exercise properly to strengthen muscle & improve mobility.
- Maintain Resident confidence by monitoring confidential information processing.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment.
- Complies with federal, state, and local legal and professional requirements.
- Contributes to team effort.
- Graduate of an accredited PTA Program.
- Current New York State PTA License.
- Experience is a plus.
About the area: Island Park is a small island in southern Nassau County located between the mainland and the Island of Long Beach, NY. In 1926, Island Park became an incorporated village. The Island Park community covers a little over 1.5 square miles. It is divided into three jurisdictions: the Incorporated Village of Island Park to the south, Barnum Island to the east and north, and Harbor Isle to the west.