Physical Therapist –
- DIRECT HIRE
- Ability to Float to other local facilities when needed.
- New PT Grads Welcome
- Competitive Compensation, based on experience
- Excellent Benefits Package
- Location: Amherst, New York (suburb of Buffalo, NY)
Physical therapy staff members assist with ensuring the health and well-being of residents by providing comprehensive and quality therapy services. State specific Physical Therapy license is required.
Initiates skilled physical therapy treatments in accordance with physicians’ orders; maintains required contact with physician.
Maintains written evaluations, progress notes and discharge summaries for residents in physical therapy program.
Confers with other health care staff regarding special needs of residents to enhance rehabilitation or maintenance of function.
Provides input for the Resident Care Planning meetings and attends during absences of the Director Physical Therapy.
Maintains statistical records of residents’ treatments.
Assists with in-service training programs upon request.
Records and updates residents plan of care in the Inter-disciplinary Kardex.
Submits requisition for supplies needed in the treatment of residents to Director Physical Therapy.
Assumes all duties of the Director Physical Therapy during absences including supervision of Physical Therapy Aides and responsibility for all necessary documentation.
Graduation from an approved school of physical therapy required.
State license to practice physical therapy required.
New PT Grads welcome.
Two years’ experience in physical therapy preferred.
Interest in physical therapy treatment programs for the geriatric and subacute populations necessary. Ability to direct others necessary.
- About the area: Amherst, NY is a suburb of Buffalo, NY. Buffalo is located in the Western part of New York. It is popular for several different things such as Buffalo Sabres, Buffalo Bills, Buffalo Wings and the wing festival, Powder Keg Festival, General Mills cereal plant, Teds footlong hotdogs, Canal-side, St. Patrick’s Day Celebrations, Food trucks galore, rated a very clean city, hockey and more hockey, the largest two-day food festival, and more! Niagara Falls is one of the seventh wonders of the world and you can be there in less than 30 minutes. The region is also well known for its many outstanding colleges & universities. You can be in Niagara Falls, Canada in 30 minutes and 1.25 hours to Rochester, 2.50 hours to Syracuse.