Location: Altamont, NY (19 miles W of Albany)
The Physical Therapist examines Residents upon admission, and then develops/administers therapy plans to manage their conditions, prevent further disabilities, and achieve long-term health benefits.
The primary focus is to promote movements, reduce pain, and prevent disability through exercise therapy, manual therapy and other techniques.
- Evaluate a Resident’s condition and develop an appropriate physical rehabilitation plan.
- Help Residents to improve their mobility.
- Relieve Resident’s pain using exercises, hands-on therapy, stretching, and physical therapy devices.
- Teach Residents how to use physical therapy equipment.
- Help Residents through their tasks and monitor their performance.
- Tell Residents what they should anticipate in different stages of their recovery and how they will handle each situation.
- Maintain Resident confidence and protect facility operations by keeping information confidential.
- Supervise the activities of physical therapy assistants when required.
- Maintains a safe and clean working environment.
- Protects Residents and employees by adhering to infection-control policies and protocols.
- Comply with federal, state, and local legal and professional requirements.
- Contribute to inter-disciplinary team efforts in resident care
- Graduate of an accredited Physical Therapy Program
- Current New York State Physical Therapist License
- Experience in skilled nursing/long term care, a plus
About the area:
Altamont NY is the town of Guilderland which is in Albany County, New York
The town is named for the Gelderland
province in the Netherlands
The town of Guilderland is on the central-northwest border of the county. It is just west of Albany
, the capital of New York State. This is near many colleges and universities. The capital region is known for museums, culture and beautiful parks.