An excellent opportunity for a Pharmacy Manager in a retail setting. Relocation available.
FT 30-40 BENEFITS.
The ideal candidate will interpret prescriptions and dispenses pharmaceuticals and related devices in accordance with federal, state and local laws. Provides patient information and counseling. Supervises technical staff and is role model to demonstrate courteous, compassionate care for customers and co-workers.
Works closely with Director of Pharmacy to promote positive store performance.
- Interprets prescriptions using professional judgment in dispensing pharmaceuticals and related devices.
- Reviews patients’ utilization, therapeutic duplications, disease state, drug interaction, drug allergy, dosage and duration of drug treatment, abuse or misuse of drug and takes appropriate action when concerns arise.
- Contacts prescribers for clarifications of orders or to notify them of unobtainable medications.
- Verifies appropriate pharmaceutical agent to the prescription order.
- Uses professional judgment in the placing of appropriate container and label.
- Verifies particular patient receives specific drug from proper practitioner.
- Calculates accurate doses and prepares compounded prescriptions and IV medications according to physician orders.
- Provides patient education and counseling.
- Supervises technical staff. Is present in pharmacy and personally reviews and approves all professional pharmaceutical activity.
- Is observant of all staff activity and oversees cash management of store.
- Assists in orienting new staff, interns and externs to department.
- Manages workflow, assigns workloads and approves overtime and time off as needed.
- Performs evaluations for technical staff and participates in the interview process for hiring of new employees.
- Assists in ordering and inventory of pharmaceutical so that quality, cost-effective products are used, and appropriate inventory levels are maintained.
- Responsible for securing building before leaving at the close of the day.
- Works closely with Billing Office Manager, Auditor and Director of Pharmacy to help provide a positive financial performance for store and adheres to budget goals.
- Holds department meetings to improve communications between pharmacists, technical staff and other departments, and assists in problem solving.
- Makes decisions for the store with regards to the policies of Northside Pharmacy.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Director.
- Must be a graduate of an accredited college of pharmacy.
- Must have a current pharmacist license in the State of Ohio.
- Must be able to communicate effectively in written and oral form.
- Excellent leadership, decision-making, conflict resolution and investigative skills.
- Ability to work under stress.
- Must have computer skills with knowledge of pharmacy software.