The Performance Excellence Leader will lead multiple process improvement teams concurrently utilizing the Lean-Six Sigma Methodology to measurably improve operational and/or business processes. Must work effectively with leadership and the financial community to translate sustainable process improvements into budgeted financial improvements (net productivity impact). May be required to coach and/or support Green Belts and part-time Black Belts on their kaizen or DMAIC projects. May be required to lead projects impacting customers, customer service and sales personnel.
How you will impact:
- Work with mill leadership in the identification and alignment of mill productivity priorities, business needs, project opportunities.
- Lead 2-4 project improvement teams concurrently, potentially at multiple locations (divisional / business unit dependent).
- Execute > 6 projects per year having a significant financial impact targeted at > $1MM in productivity improvements.
- Lead local Yellow Belt training classes as required.
- Coach and mentor multiple Yellow & Green Belt projects per year.
- Work effectively with operations to translate process improvement findings into production specifications and standard work.
- Maintain project documentation within the project management system.
- Ensure standards of project execution for DMAIC and kaizen projects are met.
- Consistently identify project opportunities to improve the business.
- Support business unit or divisional initiatives.
What you need to succeed:
- BS/BA; Technical Degree – Required, MBA – Preferred (Engineering required within Paper Solutions)
- 5 – 10 years of relevant industry experience with progressive growth in leadership and business.
- Passion and drive to improve systems and processes.
- Subject matter expert with paper manufacturing or related industry experience (e.g., Wood, Packaging, etc.)
- Experience in change management and organizational redesign.
- Demonstrated ability to execute projects in fast paced and dynamic environments using team-based, data-based approach.
- Demonstrated ability to coach, teach, and mentor technical and non-technical knowledge to hourly and salaried employees to drive business results.
- Strong financial acumen with ability to create financial models used to support project selection and determine net project value to the P&L.
- Proficient with Minitab, Microsoft Office, Visio, and/or SharePoint.
- Intermediate knowledge of Lean Six Sigma tools and methodology.
- Obtain BB certification within 2 years.
- Driven with a sense of urgency to achieve results.
- Exceptional interpersonal and presentation skills from the shop floor to executive level.
- Skilled decision maker and systematic problem solver.
- Ability to positively influence and persuade others.
- Capable of providing ad-hoc leadership as needed.
- Average of 25% travel.
What we offer:
- Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability, and excellence.
- Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities.
- An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies, and potential.
- Benefits package to include medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401k with match and more!
- A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work.