Are you an Accountant looking to give back to the community. This role is an integral leader in a consolidate Catholic parish in the Pittsburgh area.
We are looking for a strategic thinker who will lead the employees and manage the operations of the parish. This individual reports to the pastor and serves as an integral component of the Parish Leadership Team, working closely with the Parish Pastoral Council, Parish Finance Council, and the Administrative Assistant. Responsibilities include management of the overall organization and day-to-day operations of the parish. This person assesses and manages the budget, personnel, facilities/properties and overall administration.
The individual is expected to carry out day-to-day activities in a manner that upholds the values of our Community Covenant.
Tasks & Responsibilities
· Partners with the pastor and Parish Finance Council in the strategic planning and future vision of the parish administration
· Works closely with various diocesan offices in the areas of administration and accountability (Legal, Benefits/Insurance/Payroll, Facilities Management, Financial Services, fund raising and Capital Campaigns)
· Ensures that administrative and financial records are maintained appropriately.
· Supervises the Administrative Assistant to manage accounts receivable, accounts payable, and financial reporting in accordance with diocesan guidelines.
· Responsible for bi-monthly payroll
· Collaborates with the Parish Finance Council to prepare budgets, capital planning, fund raising, development and stewardship programs for the parish.
· Reviews accounting procedures routinely to ensure adequate controls are in place.
· Oversees the accounting of weekly donations including offertory envelopes and Faith Direct deposits.
· Reviews all accounts monthly and reports to the Finance Council noteworthy exceptions and suggests potential corrective action steps.
· Manages contracts for parish properties and equipment.
· Oversees properties and planning in collaboration with the Facilities and Maintenance Lead, including routine maintenance, capital improvements, facility scheduling, potential sales and purchases.
· Supervises the Maintenance Lead and prioritizes workflow.
· Administers inspections and preventative maintenance plans for buildings, grounds, and facilities that ensures that they are safe, clean and welcoming.
· Develop and implement a building maintenance “priority list” that addresses regular work activities.
· Arrange for the purchase, lease, or sale of office equipment, capital equipment and property.
Information Technology – IT
· Oversee the hardware and software need and enlist external consultants when necessary.
· Recruits, hires and onboards new staff in partnership with the pastor.
· Leads the staff and manages the work to achieve the annual goals in the strategic plan.
· Implements Diocesan/Parish personnel policies.
· Trains, mentors and develops staff to enable them to achieve their set goals.
· Prepares and conducts annual performance evaluations in partnership with the Pastor.
· Maintains human resource files for parish staff including but not limited to job descriptions, benefits information, payroll, I-9, confidential medical files and clearances.
Skills & Education
· Bachelor’s degree in accounting, Business Management or a construction related field.
· A minimum of 3 years in a leadership position managing finance and or operations
· Ability to motivate, mentor and supervise both staff and volunteers.
· Proficient knowledge of computer software including Microsoft Office and a functional knowledge of Quicken and other accounting and database programs used by the parish and diocese.
· Experience preparing budgets and forecasts.
· Self-motivated and attentive to detail