The Paint Department Manager is responsible for all paint department activities, including quality, maintenance, and personnel. He is also responsible for the purchase and installation of new equipment, EPA, OSHA and IATF16949 and ISO14001 compliance, department safety, and the overall paint department operations and performance. The Paint Department Manager reports directly to the Plant Manager and is directly involved in plant performance and operations involving the paint department.
Essential Job Functions:
- Budget control
- Employee involvement
- Purchase of new equipment
- Installation of new equipment
- Monitor and direct use and maintenance of equipment
- Direct department employees
- Personnel evaluations
- Attends staff meetings
- Conduct meetings with outside contractors and vendors
- Oversee and evaluate paint department activities
- Safety, EPA, OSHA, IATF 16949 and ISO14001 compliance
- Approve all department purchases and expenditures
- Monitor and direct department education and training
- Overall plant goals and objectives
- Employee training and development
- Annual financial planning
- Maintain operations
- Maintain budget
- BS degree or equivalent and 7 years of manufacturing experience in the paint process area.
- Experience in the automotive manufacturing industry is preferred but not required.