Packaging/Labeling Supervisor-Weekend Shift Fri-Sun (6am-6:30pm) Mt. Prospect, IL
• Bachelor’s degree or combination of education, experience, and training in related field with 2-3 years of supervising experience.
Consideration may be given to those who hold 5+ years of relevant work experience in clinical packaging/manufacturing with increased responsibility for production processing, packaging and/or quality. This would include supervisory and pharmaceutical packaging and/or pharmaceutical industry or FDA regulated proven experience.
• Strong Role Model Leader Skills
• Well-developed communication (both written and verbal) and interpersonal skills.
• Sound judgment and good decision making skills
• Strong analytical thinking and problem solving skills
• Continuous Improvement, Lean Manufacturing and/or Six Sigma knowledge
• Experience with the implementation of Lean Manufacturing techniques including, but not limited to, line balancing, Takt Time, 5S, SMED, TPM, etc.
• Must meet vision requirements for this position (i.e. color vision, peripheral vision, and the ability to adjust focus)
- Applies Good Manufacturing Principles in all areas of responsibility.
• Demonstrates and drives the company values: Integrity, Intensity, Involvement and Innovation.
• As Supervisor, you will have the responsibility of effectively leading 20-40 employees working on multiple production lines in a clinical pharmaceutical manufacturing/packaging environment (known as the Operations area)
• Lead all aspects of daily scheduling of all packaging operations and provide work direction across multiple production areas. Ensure employees work safely and in accordance with specified regulations, procedures and standards. Identify, measure and improve critical metrics. Communicate performance expectations and hold employees accountable through application of the Performance Management and Development process. Consistently apply all company and site policies. You will be encouraged to lead the operation using the following skills:
• Lead – Coach and mentor your team. Act in a professional and approachable manner. Possess strong interpersonal, listening and communication skills.
• Own – Be the technical Subject Matter Expert (SME) for each process within your area. Communicate and train employees on their duties, responsibilities and company policies and procedures.
• Be able to speak confidently and consistently to all internal and external partners about the processes.
• Drive – Challenge the status-quo. Continuously identify and lead improvements in all processes. Eliminate waste, increase effectiveness, and improve efficiency of the operations. Improve safety, quality delivery and cost. Empower employees to achieve work goals.
• Manage- Measure team, individual, and process performance. Set goals and hold team, individuals, and self-accountable for all actions.
• Develop – Cultivate your employees’ education and personal development. Provide opportunities for growth and exposure. Train, empower, encourage, and grow the workforce. Develop career path plans for employees to foster personnel growth and fulfillment.
• Conduct all activities in a safe and efficient manner.
• Investigate process deviations, identify root causes and implement corrective actions.
• Ensure Standard Operations Procedures (SOPs) are current and accurately portray what is being performed on the packaging floor. Ensure that the technicians know, understand, and follow these instructions.
• Act as a role model.
• This position is primarily working in a production environment. Long periods of standing to supervise room activities and assist in production requirements as needed.
• Other duties may be assigned to meet business needs.
Clinical Trials Division (CTD) partners with pharmaceutical and biotech customers around the world to ensure the right patients get the right therapies in the right doses at the right time – a concept that we internally embrace as “There is a Patient Waiting.” Our distinctive blend of services includes project management, packaging, distribution, transportation management and specialty logistics, ancillary supply management, clinical supply optimization, bio-repository storage and much more. Our more than 3,000 employees in over 15 countries work hard every day knowing that what they do matters.