The Packaging Engineer is responsible for a wide range of engineering tasks related to the successful installation, startup and commissioning of new packaging lines and batch processing systems. This position will be an integral part of our line start ups. Ability to travel regularly to four facilities is a must.
The Packaging Engineer will be responsible for:
- Creating commissioning plans to include staffing requirements, Supply Chain requirements and warehousing for new Packaging Lines
- Creation and management of startup and commissioning budgets
- Creation of F.A.T. testing protocols and all testing and commissioning protocols
- Manages testing and commissioning activities of new installations.
- Monitors progress and documents line status to the organization
- Coordinates installation details with Project Engineers and Local Plant Management
- Ensures that safety systems of the lines are fully functioning. Working with Local EHS, creates LOTO program for new lines.
- Ability to travel (60-70%) and manage line install and commissioning activities
- Works Closely with Continuous Improvement teams to identify opportunities on existing lines and coordinates and manages improvement plan
- Commitment to safety begins with management. Managers and frontline supervisors are accountable for creating and maintaining a culture of Safety and assuring a safe work environment.
Education and/or Experience
Mechanical, Electrical, Industrial, or Packaging Engineering/Packaging Science Degree; 3-5 five years related experience in Food, Beverage, or Dairy industry is preferred. Direct knowledge of packaging lines including filling, labelling, case handling and palletizing systems. Experience working in a manufacturing environment.