Come work with a company consistently rated in the Top 10 Places to Work!!
National Best Workplaces™ Awards:
Australia, Austria, Canada, Denmark, Finland, France, Greece, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Netherlands, Norway, Portugal, Saudi Arabia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey, United Arab Emirates, United Kingdom, United States
Packaging Engineer IV (On Site)
Provides engineering support to Packaging to trouble shoot and resolve complex problems involved with day-to-day production operations. Monitor the day-to-day performance of the packaging departments. Develop, propose, implement and/or follow up on all packaging equipment, improvements involved in ongoing operations (e.g., variable cost, productivity, quality, reliability, and maintenance).
This position is responsible for the following:
- Timely resolve of production problems and issues as they arise.
- Leading packaging equipment and packaging equipment automation improvement projects which deliver Cost, OEE and / or Compliance improvements
- Driving engineering and production processes improvement utilizing Lean and MEP (Maintenance Excellence Program) principles.
- Providing on-the-job training to new mechanics on the technical aspects of the production.
- Mastery of technical production related competencies (e.g., understand production information, build/assembly processes, etc.)
- Interface with cross functional teams (e.g., Quality, Operations, Maintenance, etc.) to understand design issues and opportunities to improve production effectiveness and efficiency
- Interface with Packaging Engineering and Operations to resolve design issues and communicate opportunities to tailor design to improve manufacturability
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Minimum requirements for this position are:
Education – Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Chemical, Electrical, Mechanical or related field.
Experience: Packaging Engineering – Seven (7) years of experience in the field. Prior pharmaceutical packaging experience is preferred.
Experience: Packaging Equipment – Seven (7) years of experience with packaging equipment mainly from a mechanical perspective but must have a solid understanding of the associated controls.
Experience: Machine Vision Systems – Seven (7) years of experience with Machine Vision Systems such as Cognex and Seidenader. Experience can be concurrent with packaging experience.
Experience: BT Systems – Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, Power Point) and other computer-based applications.
Experience: Regulatory – Three (3) years of experience in the pharmaceutical or medical device industry preferred.
Experience: Aseptic – Knowledge of FDA regulated industrial environment preferred.
Essential Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Demonstrated ability to manage projects to completion on time and within budget.
- Knowledgeable in cGMP’s for pharmaceutical processing is preferred.
- Demonstrated leadership skills to perform as a member of cross-functional work teams.
- Ability to work and interact with peers, vendors, various personnel in scientific, engineering, QA, Validation, and operational disciplines.
- Good understanding of product quality requirements and customer needs
- Strong troubleshooting skills
- Strong technical and analytical skills
- Ability to influence change
- Knowledge of Failure Analysis techniques
- Knowledgeable in Microsoft Project and Autocad
- Knowledgeable in Lean Six Sigma Methodologies
- Detail-oriented and self-motivated