Outside Sales; Metalworking OEM’s (Remote)
Will work from a home office in the field. Our client is open to a hire in the Greater Chicago area, or in Upstate New York.
Commensurate with experience and is a combination of salary and uncapped commission.
Family owned financially strong and rapidly growing business serving the metalworking industry is seeking to add several Outside Sales people to their team. Products sold include custom metal products that involve machining, cold forging, casting or extrusion. The client base includes metalworking OEM’s and machine tool manufacturers.
- New Business Development – Identify potential clients within territory and make effective sales presentations to introduce company and capabilities. (60% of time will be spent in this area)*
- Quoting/Sales Order Management – Identify Customer needs, work with our inside sales team to develop quotation, submit to customer, follow up with customer, negotiate order/terms, facilitate drawing approvals and exchange of technical information during the order fulfillment process. (20% of time will be spent in this area)
- Account Management – Build rapport and nurture relationships with existing customers through regular site visits, e-mail and phone correspondence. Learn customer’s processes and equipment needs and educate customer regarding our product offerings. Team with supply chain/quality departments to provide customers with answers to questions on an ongoing basis. (10% of time will be spent in this area)*
- Administration – Maintain CRM database, submit sales reports, attend sales meetings, develop annual sales forecast. (10% of time will be spent in this area)
*Ratio of time spent between new business development and account management will change over time as territory becomes more developed.
- Successful Sales experience selling custom cold forged products to metalworking OEM’s.
- Basic knowledge of GD&T, and knowledge of different metals and characteristics of using them in products.
- Strong Sales process knowledge and organization skills.
- Ability to work independently from a home office in the field.
- Ability to drive within a 250 mile radius from his/her home.
- Strong track record of developing long-term relationships with clients.
- High degree of accountability for his/her role to win in the marketplace.
- Basic knowledge of manufacturing process flow, CPK analysis, PPAP, etc..
- Extensive list of contacts that can be called on for business development.
Keywords: Metalworking, Cold Forging, Casting, Extrusion
How to Express Interest – Click the Apply button and follow the online instructions.