Are you looking to join a top tier food manufacture with the opportunity for growth? Do you believe in a work hard play hard mentality? Are you a team player and leader that really gets to know your team? Do you want more days off for free time? This position works a 12-hour 2-2-3 shift rotation with having to work every other weekend. If this is something that interests you, then please apply.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and implement training programs for team members in a systematic manner to cover all contingencies; assist employees in their self-development, e.g., leadership development, outside education, etc. Know and communicate training status of operations team.
- Develop/ lead operations employees to meet and/or exceed performance expectations and conduct company standards for personal safety, productivity, quality, food safety, sanitation, environmental, regulatory compliance and SQF.
- Manage, prioritize, and coordinate finished product, packaging, raw material and work-in-process inventories to meet production needs, quality standards, and cost constraints. Plan, organize and coordinate work activities of operations personnel and production scheduling to meet demand requirements.
- Manage employee communications, expectations and overall accountability. Act as general support and as a communication resource for employees. Consult with employees regarding personnel and production problems.
- Manage operations facilities, equipment and systems in functional, sanitary and safe working condition while meeting all regulatory requirements. Perform safety, GMP, and pre-operational audits.
- Lead and drive continuous improvement efforts around yield, OEE, engagement, safety, and quality for dedicated lines, improving processing and packaging efficiencies.
- Implement new operating procedures. Recommend and implement equipment changes
- Maintain involvement and influence in the development and implementation of products, process, and material changes.
- Ensure safety guidelines are understood and followed, incidents properly reported, deficiencies appropriately addressed, and emergencies handled correctly.
- 12 hour night shift starting between 4or 5pm. This role follows a rotating 2 -2- 3 schedule and is required to work every other weekend.
- Degreed individual with a minimum of 5 years of combined related experience in food processing/packaging.
- Previous supervisory experience.
- Strong knowledge of manufacturing systems and processes.
- Strong knowledge of continuous improvement tools and techniques.