Operations Manager (job description)
We have partnered with a Global Organization to lead a search for their Operations Manager role in the Elkhart IN area
Summary of Position:
- The Operations Manager is responsible for all aspects of daily operations in the warehousing and light manufacturing which will be comprised of hourly and salaried associates.
- The Operations Manager will provide strategy and direction to multiple departments including production, quality, inventory to ensure the highest level of customer service and operational efficiency.
- The Operations Manager will work with corporate finance to build annual facility and capital budgets and execute performance against those budgets.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assure compliance of distribution and production center’s operations with company policies as well as federal, state, and local regulations
- Coordinate and manage relationship with shared service supplier to ensure import/export, human resource and EHS aspects of operation follow both company policies and legal regulations
- Work with shared service supplier to recruit and hire work force. Also, develop a labor strategy which serves both the company and employee goals related to operation, safety, and other company initiatives.
- Oversee preparation of monthly, quarterly, and annual reports.
- Develop a strategic roadmap for the facility providing long term vision, success metrics including target driven compensation plans, and prioritization of competing needs and opportunities
- Develop and implement operating methods and procedures designed to eliminate operating problems and improve efficiency
- Oversee and direct daily business operations for optimum efficiency
- Communicate effectively with business unit stakeholders in areas of planning, scheduling, financial performance and other key business metrics
- Review and evaluate cost effectiveness, consistency, quality, accuracy and performance to company standards and take action as necessary
- Review and analyze production, maintenance, and operational reports to determine the cause of nonconformity with product specifications and operating or production problems
- Frequently evaluate and analyze business productivity and performance
- Consult with engineering and quality control personnel relative to modification of machines and equipment in order to improve production and quality of products
- Responsible for overall safety program, including adherence to applicable State and Federal laws, regular safety inspections and accident investigations/corrective action
- Ensure subordinate supervisors and employees adhere to ISO 9001 Quality Program. Make changes to ISO operating procedures and work instructions as needed
Education and Skills Required:
- BS in Business Management, Engineering, or related field with 5-10 years of progressive facility management and operational experience.
- Preferred Experience and expertise in WMS principles and functions
- Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing principles (TPS); certifications preferred
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels of the organization from the shop floor to corporate meetings
- Ability to work independently