Operations Manager – Real Estate
Successful candidate must have 5+ years of operations management experience ideally from large, retail environment, or a related experience in a management or leadership position. A solid understanding of financial management and capital expediture is a must. Bachelors degree is ideal. RELO assistance available for qualified candidate.
Essential Job Functions:
• Supervise all in-house and outsourced service providers in the performance of maintenance work.
• Implement and administer all preventative maintenance programs including all required log and records with service providers.
• Oversee all physical assets to ensure that they are maintained to required standards in the most economically efficient manner.
• Conduct required, regular inspections of all common area facilities/systems and report results to Sr Management. Review building operations and procedures and provide recommendations on mechanical and construction related issues to ensure corporate programs are followed.
• Ensure all contracted service providers are meeting all contract provisions and standards.
• Inspect and communicate property policies and procedures to tenant to ensure compliance of general aesthetics, standards of the common area, merchant storefronts, mall related physical issues and any special operational problems or activities.
• Assist with the development/creation of the annual operations expense forecast and related financial goals.
• Review and approve all financial and expense documentation, as directed by company policy.
• Manage the administration of approved budgets with a proactive approach to identify opportunities for improved performance and cost savings within center’s operations. Focus on minimizing expenses by efficient use of work force and materials; endure compliance to corporate procurement programs where applicable.
• Assist in the development of the owner and capital expense forecasts; help identify and update capital planning needs for the property.
• Maintain documentation and copies of all CapEx, construction and other project bids processes, as directed by company policy, as required by Unifier platform.
• Coordinate all capital and owner related construction issues/projects.
• Assist with the negotiation, approval, and monitoring of all executed contracts.
• Supervise all tenant and landlord construction projects. Serve as the primary liaison, coordinate relationships between mall team, merchants, contractors, architects, inspector and local agencies and officials.
• Maintain basic knowledge of local building codes, permit processes and current environmental issues, as related to the center.
• Maintain working knowledge of blue line drawings and required processes.
• Conduct pre-construction and subsequent follow-up meetings with tenant contractors to regulate compliance with Rules & Regulations, specific lease requirements and timely completion of construction.