The Operational Excellence Manager is responsible to drive the overall Operational Excellence and its pillar activities for the plant and its platform. This serves as a change agent and coach for the Plant Manager their leadership teams and the extended leadership network on effective deployment and execution. The role also has oversight to Industrial Performance functions within the factory.
- Champion and foster a consistent, data-driven, continuous improvement mindset throughout all the departments and employees within the plant. Clearly communicate the vision and translate it with the strategy and tactics necessary to drive improved results.
- Identify, justify, prioritize, and implement improvement initiatives to deliver measurable and sustainable results. Periodically conduct strategic reviews related to the effectiveness of operational excellence initiatives.
- Expand the use of Lean Six Sigma mindset, TPM- Total Performance Management (Pillars approach, also called WCM or IWS) and other operations excellence methodologies and tools, including Daily Management system, DMAIC, Kaizen, 5S, OEE, and waste minimization activities. Provide guidance as a subject matter expert.
- Prepare, communicate, and engage stakeholders on OPEX rollout plan for the plant including selection of key activities, priorities for rollout, scope (priority lines, area etc.) and glidepath for expected results.
- Partner with cross-functional owners to identify and establish relevant key performance indicators (KPIs). Develop and deploy governance systems, visual management systems, data collection, and reporting systems.
- Together with the area of Manufacturing Technology, co-create data collection and retrieval tools for organizational use. Promote data-driven, analytical problem solving through sound statistical application.
- Benchmark internally and externally. Be familiar with and drive the organization toward standards that exceed recognized industry best practices.
- Coach Department managers/pillar leaders to drive the implementation and execution alongside the plant operational excellence teams. Assists in training, coach and asses the plant autonomous and improvement teams.
- Build organizational capability and engagement. Mentor site leaders and facilitate change management activities to support a lean thinking enterprise.
- Develop a capability building strategy and its training solutions to advance critical competences across the workforce and to infuse a continuous improvement culture across all levels of the organization.
- Partners with other plants in achieving YOY financial and KPI targets.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Engineering or Supply Chain required
- Successful experience in implementing Total Performance Management (TPM) and Lean Six Sigma (DMAIC, DFSS etc.)
- Six Sigma Green Belt or above.
- Experience in leading project teams and departments successfully, preferably in the consumer-packaged good industry
- Strong analytical mindset and project management experience
- Cross-functional experience preferred (manufacturing operations, engineering, operational excellence, logistics, quality, safety, etc.)
- Proven track record of implementing improvement projects that leads to measurable financial savings in a sustainable way.
- Experience in root cause eradication and problem-solving methodologies
- High level of pro-activeness and willingness to take responsibility
- Self-driven, highly motivated, and comfortable interacting at various levels of an organization with versatile styles
- Strong understanding of Change Management.
- 5+ years of supervisory experience preferred