- Evaluate and develop a treatment plan for residents based on medical diagnosis
- Implement treatment plans that will improve residents’ goals toward their functional independence
- Assess and document the progress of the Residents in detailed re-certifications, progress reports and daily notes.
- Maintains Resident confidence by monitoring confidential information processing.
- Maintain documentation of Resident care services by auditing Resident & Dept. records.
- Assume the responsibility clinically supervising occupational therapy assistants
- Participate in care plan meeting and documentation
- Plan, develop and organize OT related reports, data tracking as directed by Rehab Director
- Assist in departmental projects as needed
- Graduate of an accredited Occupational Therapy Program
- Current New York State OT License
- Experience is a plus
About the area: Whitestone NY is 5 miles east of Laguardia airport and 7 miles north of Queens, NY. Queens is a New York City borough on Long Island across the East River from Manhattan. Flushing Meadows Corona Park, with the Unisphere, a 12-story 1964 World’s Fair globe sculpture, hosts the annual U.S. Open tennis tournament. The park’s Queens Museum is known for the “Panorama,” a building-for-building model of New York City. Nearby is the stadium of pro baseball team, the Mets.