We are actively recruiting a Operations and Maintenance Technician (OMT). The OMT will be responsible for Operations and Maintenance of the power plant. The selected candidate will be placed in a Plant Qualifications Program (PQR) and have the opportunity to grow within the facility up to a Lead Plant Operator Role. The individual will be required to work a rotating shiftwork schedule.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Conduct all work activities in a professional, team oriented, multi-discipline environment.
• Monitors the status of all plant systems and alarms on a continual basis and reports abnormal conditions to lead plant operator.
• Responsible for power plant operations and maintaining all log books associated with plant operations and shift turnover logs.
• Ensures operational efficiency, unit reliability and compliance with safety and environmental standards.
• Maintain, troubleshoot and repair all plant equipment to include instrumentation, control systems, mechanical, and electrical equipment.
• Performs predictive, preventive and corrective maintenance on all plant equipment.
• Responsible for following all EHS, NERC and SIP compliance obligations related to plant operations and maintenance.
• Responds to alarms and equipment failure, initiates basic troubleshooting, notification and documentation to management.
• Responsible for maintaining spare parts and consumable parts inventory.
• Responsible for basic shipping and receiving duties, including forklift operations.
• Conduct all work activities in accordance with the site specific safety programs and procedures.
• Requires a flexible work schedule, which includes nights, weekends, overtime, callouts and holidays to support operating schedule along with outage work to support the needs of the facility.
• Must successfully complete the PQRs within the first year of employment in order to independently operate the power plant.
Education and Experience
• High School Diploma or GED required;
• Associate or Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or related field preferred: or prior related military experience/training such as: US Navy Nuclear Power Plant Operator, Electronics Technician (ET) or Electricians Mate (EM), Gas turbine Operator, Electrical Technician GSE, Mechanical Technician GSM
• Required – Minimum 1 year experience working in an industrial/ power plant environment in Operations/Maintenance role.
• Required – Must acquire a NJ black seal high pressure boiler operator license within 1 year of employment.
• Desired – experience operating combustion turbines
• Desired- NJ Blue Seal high pressure boiler operator
• Demonstrates effective oral and written communication skills.
• Ability to handle constantly changing and emerging work priorities schedules and prioritizes work.
• Good computer skills including Microsoft Office and other computer-based productivity tools.
• Demonstrates decision making abilities and long-term developmental capabilities.
Additional Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Attention to detail and strong organizational skills
• Ability to work well under pressure, remaining focused and calm in the face of distractions
• Possess high safety and environmental awareness
• Ability to effectively communicate and interact with diverse groups
• Ability to continuously learn and adapt to change
• Operations- Experience in the operation of a combined cycle power plant to include starting up and shutting down plant equipment from the control room; monitoring and operating plant equipment and responding to plant upset events and emergencies; taking and recording all necessary equipment and instrumentation readings and data; and manually and remotely operating valves and equipment.
• Mechanical Maintenance- experience in troubleshooting and correcting mechanical problems which include, pumps, motors, valves and other rotating equipment.
• Electrical Maintenance- troubleshooting and correcting electrical maintenance problems, including switch gear, motors, breakers and plant wiring. Maybe required to complete the plant’s Electrical training program.
Instrumentation & Control- troubleshooting, calibrating, repairing, tuning, and replacing I&C equipment and components. Maybe required to complete the plant’s Instrumentation & Control training program.
• Normal power plant environment and/or outdoor work environment.
• Requires standing, sitting, walking, kneeling, twisting, climbing stairs and ladders, and entering plant equipment to access, inspect, or collect data on plant equipment.
• Requires wearing personal protective safety equipment (safety glasses, hard hat, appropriate footwear, ear plugs, fall protection, respirators)
• Requires working around rotating and energized equipment, in outdoor conditions, confined spaces, hazardous materials and chemicals and loud noise.
• Occasionally requires lifting 50 pounds or greater as appropriate to perform duties and responsibilities.