Position Title: Nurse(RN)
Are you interested in epigenetics and want to help combat esophageal cancer? We’re looking for a motivated Registered Nurse (RN) to provide direct patient care with DNA screening for precursors of esophageal cancer in our Portland, OR & North L.A. & Irving TX & Columbus, OH & Tampa, FL based clinics.
The position requires extensive travel to support other local and national clinics. The RN should have safe clinical decision-making skills and be able to work well with the general practice team to meet the needs of patients.
Extensive Physician communication expected.
- Examines patients, including discussing medical history and symptoms and performing physicals.
- Provides patient education.
- Ensure patient information, visit history, follow-up, phone calls and consults are carefully and completely documented.
- Daily use of computer, software programs (EMR), printer, scanner.
- Maintains confidentiality of all patient records.
- Develop a close working relationship with other personnel at clinic locations.
- Perform non-clinical tasks as required (e.g. reporting, temperature management, maintain clinic appearance).
- Checks in with clients about test results as needed.
- Able to advise patients regarding prescriptions and treatment plans.
- Follows all federal, state, and nursing guidelines, regulations, and standards.
- Orders and interprets diagnostic tests.
- Refers patients to specialists if necessary and analyzes medical records and reports.
- Works with a healthcare team to provide quality patient care.
- Knows how to use popular tools, including: medical database software, medical research software, medical diagnosis software, medical billing software, e-prescribing software, scheduling software, billing software, and telemedicine software.
- Identify opportunities for development.
- Willing to travel to other local locations when necessary.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Any other duties as assigned.
- (Must possess Covid & Booster vaccinations)
EDUCATION, SKILLS, COMPETENCIES, KNOWLEDGE, AUTHORITIES & ABILITIES:
- Graduate of an accredited Nurse Program
- Current Registered Nurse Licensure
- Independent prescribing qualification
- Clinical supervision training
- Working autonomously in an advanced nursing role
- Clinical leadership skills
- Communication skills, both written and verbal
- Communication of difficult messages to patients and families
- Negotiation and conflict management skills
- Teaching and mentorship in a clinical setting
- Resource management
- Advanced clinical practice skills
- Management of patients with long term condition
- Management of patients with complex needs
- Clinical examination skills
- Accountability of own role and other roles in a nurse-led service
- Local and national health policy
- Clinical governance issues in primary care
- Current provider card in Basic Life Support (BLS) and first aid certifications
*The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to do this job. The above is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required.