We are seeking a Water Market Leader in our new Jacksonville office. This leader would focus on our operations and clients to work with the Florida Operations Group Manager, Florida Client Services Leader, Florida Division Manager and other leaders to further break into the Northeast Florida Water Market and hire/develop a group of people to serve our prospective clients. This individual will also lead and manage the Northeast Florida group as we grow in such a manner that our clients’ needs are met profitably and timely with a quality product.
Typical projects include project management and technical oversight for studies, design, and construction phase services for water/sewer planning/modeling, distribution/collection system piping, pump stations, treatment plant and climate resiliency/sustainability projects.
- Responsible for Team strategy development in alignment and coordination with the business region to penetrate and grow Northeast Florida services over time
- Supports development, refinement, and implementation of the annual business plan for strategic clients, programs, projects, and conferences
- Provides leadership in obtaining and developing new Northeast Florida key clients each year in connection with our strategy and annual planned targets
- Develops high-value client relationships, while representing the firm with key clients and teaming partners
- Serves as Client Representative for several of our anchor or growth clients
- Engages and cultivates client service teams to support understanding and delivering on client needs and expectations
- Creates client engagement strategies and pursuit plans, actively leading in key opportunity proposal strategy, positioning, teaming, messaging, and interview development
- Serves as senior technical resource for key clients
- Supports development of staff members, especially as it relates to exceptional client service delivery, strategic planning, and effective communication
- Meets identified performance metrics including annual Northeast Florida sales goals
- Leverages resources, experience, and skills of the firm to support client goals
- Participates in professional societies (leadership and committee positions), creating connections for the company and technical professionals in support of client goals
- Supervision of Others in Northeast Florida: Various levels of engineers, engineering technicians, and other technical support staff
- Support Florida Group Manager in performing management and supervisory functions for the Northeast Florida group
- Support Florida Group Manager in forecasting the workload of the group and maintaining a qualified staff that can meet the project assignments at an acceptable utilization rate. Assist the Florida Group Manager in coordinating cross-group utilization of staff with other Group Managers.
- Review project budgets with Northeast Florida project managers to determine that schedules and budgets meet contract terms and are planned for maximum efficiency
- Monitor project status and review with project managers when necessary. Review monthly reports on all Northeast Florida project managers in the group.
- Ensures quality client services, clarity on work products, and delivery of high-quality services within budget and schedule constraints
- Provide supervision to engineers, engineering technicians, designers, drafting personnel, etc., assigned to projects. Coordinate assigned work to ensure continuity, consistency, and quality.
- Direct and supervise complex studies and investigations. Investigate new areas of technology or new applications of existing techniques. Define tasks to be conducted by others, and provide general supervision, review, and approval. Responsible for collecting, correlating, and preparing recommendations and conclusions for final reports.
- Determine and schedule required project resources. Evaluate and analyze project decisions to ensure objectivity, soundness of design, and impact of those decisions on schedule, budget, and needs.
- Maintain established schedule. Keep the Florida Group Manager and/or Project Manager abreast of all project activities, responding promptly to needs, problems, or requests associated with project design.
- Remain state-of-the-art on existing and pending regulations and related technological advancements
- Serve as Project Manager for projects requiring intergroup skills and consultants
- Participate in the administration, interpretation, and implementation of contracts
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering (or equivalent)
- 15+ years’ experience in water/wastewater engineering, including specific experience in making independent decisions on engineering problems and methods
- Professional Engineer Registration in Florida or the ability to become registered within 6 months
- Experience with water and wastewater treatment, conveyance systems, with experience in resiliency and sustainability
- Ability to lead, motivate, and manage a project team and oversee excellent quality of work.
- Must possess experience of client development/sales, specifically being a leader of developing client relationships with a larger engineering consultant team/firm (regional and company-wide)
- Envision (ISI) experience
- SITES certification