Night Shift Production Supervisor – Bread Bakery Food Manufacturing
similar job titles: Operations Supervisor, Plant Supervisor, Team Lead, Production Superintendent
Location: Evansville, IN
Shifts: 2nd and 3rd shift positions available
Job Summary: Reports to the Production Manager. Responsible for a team of production workers in a medium-sized, 450 persons bread and roll bakery manufacturing plant. Manages all production activities that are required to safely produce quality products with the most efficient use of labor and materials on a scheduled shift and line(s).
Desired Leadership Traits:
- Able to corral team onto the same plan of action.
- Knowledgeable enough to identify the best action plan.
- (5) Five or more years’ experience, with at least 3 years in supervision within a high-speed bakery manufacturing environment.
- Bread or Buns experience required; experience working with ovens.
- Experience with large-scale bakery equipment.
- Understanding of function between ingredients, time, and temperature in the baking process.
- Willingness to work 2nd and/or 3rd shift
- Union management experience preferred
Other Desired Traits:
- Continuous Improvement / Lean Manufacturing experience
- AIB training
- BRC / SQF knowledge
This job offers the following:
- Outstanding opportunities with a stable and established organization.
- Excellent benefits, including:
- Comprehensive healthcare
- Defined pension plan
- Highly adequate relocation assistance is provided if needed.
Are You A Good Fit?
Essential Skills for Success:
- Innovator and leader in change.
- Promote and utilize other’s talents.
- Actions are plan-based and result from strategy as opposed to reactionary.
- Goals achieved by teamwork instead of own personal efforts.
- Leadership style yields influence and trust. You’re not just “the boss”.
- Achieves results.
Consider This Before Applying:
- Does this job describe work you would enjoy doing?
- Do you meet most of the minimum requirements?
- Have you considered everything if you would need to relocate?