Night Shift Production Manager
similar job titles: Operations Manager
Location: Evansville, IN
Job Description: Responsible for all mixing, baking, and packaging activities that are required to safely produce quality products with the most efficient use of labor and materials on a scheduled shift and line(s). Reports to the Plant Manager. Responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of production employees.
Desired Leadership Traits:
- Charismatic; shows floor presence and engaging.
- Aspires to be a Plant Manager in 3 to 5 years.
- Passionate about Continuous Improvement principles.
- Knowledgeable and confident enough to identify and decide best action plans.
- Acts with a sense of urgency.
- Four-year college degree preferred; or a combination of education and experience.
- (3) Three – (5) Five years production management experience in a food manufacturing environment.
- High-speed sliced bread / bread roll bakery experience.
- Knowledge of bakery equipment, bakery ingredient functionality, and troubleshooting.
- Continuous Improvement background.
- Excellent communication, conflict management, decision-making, motivational and organizational skills required.
- Union experience preferred but not required.
This job offers the following
- Outstanding opportunities with a world-class organization.
- Excellent benefits, including:
- Comprehensive healthcare
- Opportunity for career advancement.
Are You A Good Fit?
Essential Skills for Success:
- Innovator and leader in change.
- Promote and utilize other’s talents.
- Actions are plan-based and result from strategy as opposed to reactionary.
- Goals achieved by teamwork instead of own personal efforts.
- Leadership style yields influence and trust. You’re not just “the boss”.
- Achieves results.
Consider This Before Applying:
- Does this job describe work you would enjoy doing?
- Do you meet most of the minimum requirements?
- Have you considered everything if you would need to relocate?