Our client is look for an individual to help supervise and lead the Laboratory within their flagship facility. This role is with a world-wide organization and a household name. This role is open due to promotion and could lead to a bigger role within the team. Must be willing to spend ¾ of your time out on the floor.
To be successful:
· Primary function of this position is to supervise laboratory technicians
o May receive direction from cross functional leaders including, Production and Maintenance Superintendents, Technical Manager, Plant Manager
· Interfaces with supervisors and operators, maintenance workers and general service operators in collaborative fashion
· Ensure samples are received and checked into laboratory to maintain sample flow
· Train and explain needed maintenance on all lab equipment.
· Ensure on time and accurate testing for internal and external customers
· Generate and maintain staff schedule to ensure optimum laboratory coverage
· Ensure lab techs manage their time efficiently to maximize productivity and accountability
· Supervise the maintenance and calibration of lab equipment
· Review and maintain files related to QC testing and verify lab results, report Out of specification and start investigations
· Manage the Technician proficiency test program
· Monitor results throughout the day, check calculations, watch for abnormal results, request repeat tests and audit technician’s procedures.
· Responsible and accountable for the safety of all assigned personnel.
· Perform necessary functions of a lab technician in peak times or for absences while ensuring all lab techs perform required analysis.
· Review results and present to the Lab Leadership each lab tech’s proficiency and capability to provide accurate lab results.
· Track all repeat analysis in the lab and present this data to the lab each month.
· Bachelor of Science degree in Microbiology, Chemistry or Food Science required, 5 years of lab technician or analyst experience, 2 to 5 years’ experience in similar supervisor position.
· Experience training and/or building teams