Our client’s Estimating/Preconstruction Department is searching for a focused, professional Construction Estimator with experience in estimating management for their residential new developments and commercial industry ventures.
They are looking for highly competent self-starters who possess strong communication, problem solving and team building skills to Develop/Build & Grow within a Precon Estimating Department to contribute to it’s full potential as they grow throughout the area.
About the company:
A local (Nashville) Home Builder with a ton of growth, extensive company support staff as well as a company culture that exceeds most candidates’ expectations. They strive to provide (not only) the best environment for their team members – but the best product possible for this area at the market price point. They build custom, semi-custom and multifamily homes for the local Mid-Tn area.
● Interpret Construction Documents to ensure all bids (quantities and
components) are complete and accurate at time of final estimate
● Establish and maintain component quantities database on a per product (tier)
● Utilize live cost data in the form of Purchase Orders and Variance Purchase
Orders to update and improve cost assumptions
● Assist the Real Estate Development team during the underwriting phase by
providing the most up to date cost information
● Create monthly/ quarterly cost trends according to project costs and
● Measure final estimate results against underwriting expectations
● Communicate alternative, value engineered options if final estimates do not
fall within cost parameters
Prefer individuals with 5+ years’ experience in estimating within the commercial or homebuilding industry
Bachelors Degree in Construction, Business, or other related field preferred.
High level of understanding of Estimating and Preconstruction + Team Development & Management.
Negotiating Skills are a big advantage Plus local vendor/supplier relationships!
Strong computer skills for Estimating/Preconstruction (Excel, Word, BuilderTrend, OnScreenTakeoff, etc.).
Compensation and Benefits
They offer a VERY compensation package including:
Competitive salary starting at $75-90k+ (Open to Negotiation DOE )
Bonus’ paid Quarterly !
Insurance 100% Paid
— PLUS: Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Short/Long-Term Disability Coverage, Life Insurance
Vacation – 3 weeks
Paid Maternity / Paternity Leave
401k plan with attractive match
Paid Holiday (7)