Job Location IDX Irving TX Site – Irving, TX
Position Type Full Time
What We Need
Our client is a leading national pathology laboratory. They are excited to hire a full-time Neuropathologist to serve as Assistant Medical Director at therapeutic neuropathology at the New York City laboratory. The Assistant Medical Director will sign out neuropathology cases, including epidermal and sweat gland nerve fiber density skin biopsies, muscle and nerve biopsies, brain autopsies, and surgical neuropathology consults. They must be capable of explaining the clinical and pathological significance of their interpretations. The position requires American Board of Pathology certification in anatomic pathology and neuropathy.
• Sign out neuropathology cases including:
Epidermal nerve fiber density and sweat gland nerve fiber density skin biopsy cases.
Muscle and nerve biopsy cases.
Autopsy brain cases.
Surgical neuropathology consult cases.
• Assist the Medical Director in the oversight of all laboratory testing:
Adherence to quality standards/metrics and regulatory requirements.
Participate in laboratory management and ensure competency of laboratory personnel.
Ensure timely test completion and accurate reporting.
• Consult with peer pathologists on cases as requested or needed.
• May train and supervise pathology assistants, residents and fellows engaged in specialty training. May be involved in research activities and development projects.
• Follow established policies, procedures, and objectives, continuous quality improvement objectives, safety, environmental, and/or infection control standards.
• Promote and work to improve relationships with clinicians and the pathology community.
• Enhance personal and company reputation through one or more of the following activities: research/publishing, marketing, training, and/or leadership.
• Medical Doctor or equivalent medical professional degree with American Board of Pathology certification or eligibility in anatomical pathology and neuropathology.
• Hold or eligible to obtain a New York State medical license and Certificate of Qualification from the CLEP.
• Strong diagnostic skills in anatomical pathology, particularly neuropathology.
• Ability to effectively communicate ideas, and findings, and document complex concepts in both written and oral format.
• Must work onsite full-time at the Therapath Neuropathology laboratory in Midtown Manhattan.