Network Security Engineer II
The Security Engineer II will be responsible for analyzing external and internal threats to protect sensitive data within our network. The Security Engineer II is responsible for insuring all networks have adequate security to prevent unauthorized access. Key Responsibilities are:
- Administer and Manage Network Security Devices
- Investigate and resolve security incidents
- Analyze the effectiveness of the security measures in place
- Recommend changes that will improve overall company security
- Security Engineer II will administer, manage and support network security infrastructure and controls, including, but not limited to Firewalls, VPN, intrusion detection/prevention, Security Incident and Event Management (SIEM), Network and Endpoint Detection and Response platforms (NDR/EDR), Advanced Malware Protection, netflow based tools, URL filtering, Network Access Controls (NAC) etc.
- Assist in evaluating and developing solutions for complex network security and protection technologies for enterprise and service provider environment including but not limited to Advanced Breach Detection/Mitigation, DDoS attack detection/mitigation etc.
- Perform incident handling, incident response and escalation management.
- Perform ticket handling of the security events, ongoing tuning of security solutions, review security infrastructure.
- Assist in developing and implementing security incident response and operations process.
- Create incident reports, documentation for security events as necessary. Assist with gathering and reporting metrics regarding security events, vulnerabilities, and alerts.
- Maintain and enhance the threat/vulnerability management and remediation process. Work with business and technical teams to review vulnerabilities, plan remediation strategy and track items to complete resolution.
- Support periodic network and application security penetration testing activities, including scheduling, resources, tool execution, and reporting.
- Participate in incident triage, analysis, response, and remediation for network intrusions and attacks.
- Assist with periodic threat and vulnerability assessment, penetration testing and web application assessments to identify security risks across the company.
- Assist in developing network-specific, system-specific, and application-specific information security policies, guidelines, standards, procedures.
- Perform other duties as requested by supervisor.
Preferred Experience / Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Telecommunications or Information Technology is required. Master degree is a plus
- 5+ years technical hands-on security experience
- Experience with firewall technologies, IPS/IDS, VPN, SIEM, netflow, NAC, vulnerability scanning tools, URL filtering, DLP, EDR, AppSec DAST/SAST platforms and other security tools
- Familiarity with Cybersecurity and Risk Management frameworks such as COBIT, NIST CSF and ISO 27001 is a plus
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with an ability to assimilate, analyze and correlate large amounts of forensic data from various network, operating system, application, and security devices, logs, and alerts
- Experience in routing and switching is a plus.
- Experience in security incident handling, operations and forensics preferred
- Experience in handling security for a large enterprise network or service provider network preferred
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work well under pressure, meeting multiple deadlines
- Ability to present and communicate clearly with technical and non-technical staff as well as senior management
- Ability and willingness to take on additional tasks as assigned
- Security certifications such as CISSP, CISA, CISM, CRISC, OSCP and SANS GIAC is a plus
*** Please note that this is a permanent, full time position and a Green Card or US Citizenship are required.