Our valued client, a growing organization rapidly expanding their technology, is seeking a Network Engineer. The position can work remotely, but must be based in south Louisiana (including areas in and around Baton Rouge, Lafayette, Covington, New Orleans, Houma, etc), and willing to come into the office from time to time as needed to troubleshoot issues or work on special projects. The expectation is remote work 90% of the time, with approximately 10% being onsite.
The Network Engineering role supports all daily network operational activities delivering, managing, monitoring, and supporting all essential and company network infrastructure. This role will work to identify errors that are often difficult to detect and performs root cause analysis in finding a resolution to problems. This position supports REV BROADBAND’s internet product suite including voice, video, and data, along with day-to-day operation support across all GPON and DOCSIS platforms.
- Responsible in supporting all network hardware components, network operating systems, performance network availability, patch management and security updates according to standards and current best practices
- Performs installation, configuration and upgrades to network routers, switches, firewalls, load balancers, VPN terminators and any other types of network and transports infrastructure in both LAN and WAN environments
- Works in a high availability data center environment and in the areas of system backup, customer network installation, performance monitoring/tuning, security monitoring, network capacity management, user technical support, general network troubleshooting and infrastructure maintenance
- Responsible for ensuring availability of both customer network connectivity and access to the production server environment in accordance with documented SLA’s for clients
- Works with network systems such as: Calix (E7’s), Adtran (TA5000’s), Arris (E6000’s) Cisco (cBR-8 ‘s, ASR’s, Nexus, ASA’s), Fortinet, Juniper (EX’s and SRX’s)
- Performs network problem troubleshooting, including a cooperative work effort with the server group and support desk
- Participates in efforts in the identification of network security issues, as well as the design and implementation of effective solutions
- Assists with configuration, maintenance, and upkeep of several enterprise class network environments
- Performs required software maintenance, including installation and upgrades of products and NOS’s, at both the datacenter and customer level
- Coordinates testing by users in preparation for installations and upgrades to live system
- Manages production problems when they occur, escalate issues to the proper support personnel when situations arise
- Other duties as assigned
- 5+ years of experience in supporting complex network infrastructure environments
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred; High School Diploma or equivalent required with a well-rounded technical background
- Must be able to pass a full background check
- Understanding of the protocols and technologies including, but not limited to: FTTH, DOCSIS, TCP/IP, OSPF, BGP, STP, SIP, MPLS, HSRP, LDAP, DHCP, DNS, VRFs Understanding of security concepts including, but not limited to: IDS/IPS, Antivirus, Web-filtering, SSL encrypt/decrypt, two-factor authentication, SSL VPN.
- Security Certification(s) are a plus
- Experience with VMWare Network Virtualization
- Experience with Cisco Unified Computing Systems (UCS)
- Experience with Public Cloud Networking: Azure, AWS, Google
- 1 Associate network certification from any of the following: Cisco (CCNA), Fortinet, Juniper (JNCP)