MUST HAVE NDT LEVEL 1 CERTIFICAION.
This position is responsible for performing NDE inspection tasks. NDE Inspector will work from shop orders, company and Customer drawings and specifications, and instructions from Level 3 NDE Leaders and Supervisor.
This position will work second shift, hours are 5 p.m. to 5 a.m.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
Duties include, but are not limited to, the inspection of incoming materials, process and final product inspections, evaluation of product conformance, data review and analysis, and preparation of NDE inspection reports.
- Review shop order, specifications, and production prints to determine appropriate testing and inspection parameters
- Obtain and maintain internal certifications in the following NDE disciplines: UT, PT, and MT.
- Obtain and maintain internal final inspection, Niton, and Brinell certifications
- Set up, calibrate and operate various non-destructive testing instruments to verify steel integrity
- Prepare print of non-conforming material indicating a description and location of non-conformance
- Prepare documentation to be used to submit deviation and non-conformance reports for material out of specification
- Input all test results and final inspection results into computer. Sign shop order to confirm inspection and test operations have been completed
- Prepare any required inspection records/documentation including dimensional reports and customer provided documentation of inspection
- Calibrate and perform NDE in accordance with NADCAP standards
- Participate in required equipment training for safe and proper use of Crane, Chain and Rigging, Fork trucks, use of etchants, and the use of special evaluation tools such as the Niton gun and radiation detectors
- Participate in required documented procedure training as required by position and or assignment of supervisor
- Communicate with Sales, Process Engineering, Metallurgy Lab and Production departments as required to confirm product specifications or to inform of product or process non-conformance
- Inspect and evaluate products on customer premises or at company for customers or customer’s representatives
- Communicate production and equipment problems to appropriate personnel
- Asks questions if a process is unclear, or there’s safety, or quality concerns
- Understand and follow the company quality policy
- Other duties as assigned
- Shift and plant location may change based on production needs
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Associated Degree (AAS or equivalent) – Preferred
- Certifications ASNT ACCP (UT, PT, MT level 2); ASQ CQI or CQT
- Minimum 1 to 3 years applied training in NDE
- Must be authorized to work anywhere in the U.S. without sponsorship.
- Ability to pass a lift evaluation (up to 65 lbs.) pre-employment.
- Must be able to pass a hair drug test.