National Account Manager – CPG – Pharma
National Account Manager
We are looking for a National Account Manager who will sell to multiple channels, key accounts, and direct headquarter accounts.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Retail Account Management: Demonstrate ability to drive sales results while providing best in class customer service
- Analyze and update product forecast monthly, focusing on accuracy.
- Develop new item proposals and/or promotional programs to achieve assigned plan.
- Partner with Sales Management for approval of new item introductions and incremental promotions.
- Create and present customer communication, presentations and business reviews.
- Plan all account calls and business reviews with Sales Management prior to all meetings as appropriate.
- Prepare call recap documents for Sales Management for customer meetings.
- Collaborate with functionary teams, Marketing, Accounting, Manufacturing, Planning, Shipping, Research & Development and Customer Service to provide one voice to the customer.
- Gain customer approval for company in-store activation (Monthly specials, IRC, Displays, Signs, etc.)
- Communicate changes to policy, discontinued items, pricing actions, recalls/product quality issues to customer.
- Utilize time in market to ensure proper placement of products and gather competitive intelligence.
- Work with internal marketing team to ensure product information is up to date on customers internet platforms.
- Manage product sales: Utilize data, product, category, customer and consumer data monthly to identify sales opportunities and to prepare selling presentations
- Manage new product launch: item specifications and pricing levels in multiple channels.
- Expand distribution of products with approved customers.
- Segment business by categary to evaluate each separately.
- Review data for customer/promotional performance to help guide and plan business.
- Business Planning/Financial accountability: Conduct sales analytics using available insights to provide solutions to customer needs
- Align customer strategies with strategic plan to build a collaborative business plan.
- Monitor trade activity execution and address areas of concern with each account.
- Complete ongoing general business analytics and evaluate risks, opportunities & threats.
- Evaluate customer specific reports utilizing reports.
- Submit and reconcile up to date Co-Op and allowance expenses following related processes.
- Mange Co-Op spending to level established for annual budget.
- Create and update monthly forecasts for account product needs and communicate extraordinary product needs to Planning.
- Manage all accounts; promotional spending, sales growth, returns and profitability to annual budget.
- Bachelor’s degree in business or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of 3 years of sales experience with CPG Retailers.
- Excel in interpersonal communication.
- Strong understanding of financial numbers and ability to analyze data to perform job adequately.
- Must be a self-starter, highly organized, and able to work collaboratively with other departments at all levels in the organization.
- Ability to follow up on leads and contacts in person, via phone and/or email.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office and Windows-based computer applications required (Excel, Word, Powerpoint).
- Excellent writing, interpersonal, communication, and organization skills.
- Ability to follow up on leads and contacts via phone and/or email.