The Metallurgist will contribute to the manufacturing process by understanding metal properties related to client’s production parts. Additionally, they will suggest changes to metal composition in response to quality issues.
- Contribute to metal forming processes used to create components for manufacturing.
- Interpret metal test results to ensure metal properties meet desired metrics.
- Investigate/troubleshoot material failures related to metal composition and provide solutions to the same.
- Provide data/reports to engineering, operations and quality department to affect material production.
- Bachelor’s degree in Materials, Metallurgy, or Metallurgical Engineering.
- 1 – 5 years experience
- Strong ability to write technical reports that are understood by non-technical persons.
- Must be able to write and present technical information into layman’s terms for complete communication.
- Ability to work with a cross section of employees from top managers, hourly work force and internal and external customers.