Medical Director – Substance Abuse Facility
Hilton Head Beach, SC
Salary: $250,000 – $275,000
An accredited treatment facility that offers comprehensive substance abuse and dual diagnosis care to adult individuals is in search of a Medical Director with substance abuse experience. This is an exciting opportunity to lead a comprehensive Addiction Medicine program within an integrated delivery system that concentrates on individualized treatment, treats the whole person, while addressing the root causes of addiction.
- Provide patient care, medical evaluations, establish medication levels and interact as necessary with Federal, State, County & other regulatory bodies.
- Experience with diagnosing and treating patients with Dual Diagnosis.
- Train & manage subordinate physician extenders and provide health care services directly to patients all under the direction and responsibility of the Regional Vice President.
- Responsible for providing medical services to program participants within the facility and providing medical supervision and support to full-time and part-time providers delivering care in the various levels of care.
- Will work in tandem with the Executive Director and Clinical Director to ensure/promote appropriate service provision, and will conduct medical exams, assess, and manage withdrawal symptoms, and provide histories and physicals.
- Consult with counselors, attend treatment teams, and contribute to the development of treatment plans as part of an active multi-disciplinary team.
- Provide medical consultation services to medical and nursing and clinical staff in the facility settings as indicated.
*Requires current Medical Licensing and DEA License and accreditation in the state of SC.