Seeking a highly motivated and experienced Mechanical Project Controls Lead to join the team of a large Industrial General Contractor. The Mechanical Project Controls Lead will be responsible for providing project controls support for multiple mechanical/industrial construction projects. This position will play a key role in ensuring that projects are completed on time, within budget, and to the highest quality standards.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and maintain project schedules, budgets, and cost management systems.
- Identify and analyze project risks and develop risk management plans.
- Coordinate and communicate project information to all stakeholders, including project team members, management, and clients.
- Monitor project performance and progress and provide regular updates to project managers and other stakeholders.
- Identify and resolve project issues and conflicts.
- Assist in the development of project proposals, contracts, and scope documents.
- Oversee and mentor a team of project controls engineers and analysts.
- Provide training and support to project team members on project controls processes and procedures.
- Deep knowledge of project controls standards, productivity tracking, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or a related field.
- 10+ years of experience in project controls, preferably in the industrial construction industry.
- Proven experience in developing and maintaining project schedules, budgets, and cost management systems.
- Strong understanding of project management principles and practices.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Proficient in Primavera P6, Microsoft Project, and other project management software.
- Experience with earned value management (EVM).
- Experience with risk management.
- Experience with construction estimating.
- Strong understanding of mechanical engineering principles and practices.