My client is a well established and stable manufacturer of custom automated manufacturing equipment / production solutions. Global sales for the entire business is around $500MM annually. They are presently seeking a Mechanical Engineering Manager to lead their mechanical machine design team. Will be responsible for leading the mechanical design, development, and testing of the company’s custom automated machinery. This job was created due to business growth.
It is an excellent career opportunity for an ambitious Sr. Mechanical Machine Design Engineer, who is looking to manage an engineering team. Excellent long-term career growth potential. The company is a well-established custom automation manufacturer, who firmly believes in maintaining a good work/life balance for all of its employees. Plus its a company that pays its salaried employees overtime.
Part-time / Hybrid Remote Placement is possible, but still must live in the Oswego / Syracuse, NY area.
- BSME / MET is required. An advanced degree would be a big plus.
- A minimum of 5 years of machine design experience is required. At least 10 years of overall experience is also required, ideally working for some kind of contract or capital equipment manufacturer.
- Must have a minimum of 3 years of team leadership / management experience dedicated to some kind of custom product and/or machine design. Should have experience managing a team of at least 5 to 10 persons.
- Should be proficient with 3D Solid Modeling tools like SolidWorks and/or Autodesk Inventor.
- Experience selecting electric motors, sensors, drives, and gear boxes is a plus, but not required.
- Any experience involving machining / custom part fabrication is a plus.
- Project Management and customer interface experience is a big plus.
- Experience in utilizing Microsoft Office products is a must.
- Enhanced written and communication skills is required.
COMPENSATION: Salary range from $105K to $140K (DOE) plus annual bonus between 7 to 10% and paid overtime (straight time) for working over 45 hours.